Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
The Senior Manager supports Strategic Workforce planning leadership and partners with human resources teams and business leadership to develop long-range workforce solutions and strategic workforce plans for key market segments, functional talent (Finance, Engineering, Enterprise IT, Business Development, Human Resources, etc.), and the corporate headquarters talent segments. Manages the design, development and implementation of workforce intelligence and analytic solutions that support human capital program and policy decisions. Directs the analysis of actual and predictable interacting operational activities in human capital and business systems to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making through the application of logic and scientific or economic disciplines and techniques. Manages cross-functional teams to analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources, identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences, and provides consultation to functional leadership and human resources clients. Manages the design and creation of datasets required for analysis that use a variety of modelling and measurement techniques using mathematical and statistical methods, and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines. Supports strategic workforce planning leadership in facilitating an end-to-end strategic workforce planning approach including conducting environmental scanning, workforce segmentation, supply and demand analysis, scenario planning and gap analysis; developing mitigation strategies and action plans; and monitoring the health of critical workforce segments. Responsible for building a team with analytics and reporting capabilities to meet business needs, and will lead a team of analysts who utilize structured analytic approaches and tools to combine labor market and competitor intelligence, both qualitative and quantitative, in order to inform a rational basis for executive decision making.
-Support strategic workforce planning leadership to consult with corporate functional leadership and the business area strategic workforce planning community of practice members to deliver strategic workforce planning
- Support strategic workforce planning leadership to facilitate leadership conversations to segment the workforce and forecast future human capital demand and supply incorporating external and internal factor analysis, competitor and labor market trends.
- Conduct supply and demand analysis and business scenario planning utilizing analytics resources, tool sets and modeling
- Provide insights to internal and external workforce trends and assess the impact to business strategy and operations, including interpreting competitor hiring and labor market trends and identifying opportunities for strategic workforce planning solutions
- Partner with HR Business Partners and Centers of Expertise to develop integrated talent solutions through collaboration with HR-Centers of Excellence and other key stakeholders and develop action plans
- Prepare executive level reports and presentations highlighting key insights and business impact
- Lead team of HRIS and human capital consultants to recommend, develop, and implement metrics and other measurements for ROI and HR program effectiveness and to measure the health of the most critical workforce segments
- Provide Corporate headquarter reporting and data analysis to HR professionals and business leaders, interfacing with a broader Corporate team on reporting and HR systems, maintaining existing business specific HR tools and systems, and addressing new system and tool needs.
-Experience with Strategic Workforce Planning activities in a complex business environment
-Ability to analyze and synthesize complex quantitative/qualitative data and research findings into easy to understand presentations for audience outside of HR; ability to think analytically; Data mining and experience working with / across multiple data sources to provide data solutions to business requirements
-Experience working with business and HR leaders to facilitate discussions around human capital and workforce planning.
-Understanding of integrated talent management and talent strategies to attract, develop, motivate and retain an engaged workforce
-Strong executive presence
-Extensive experience preparing human capital market research and analysis for a senior executive audience.
- Track record of building business relationships across organizational lines and experiences working in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to adapt in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances and flexibility to work in ambiguous situations.
- Proven leadership and management experience.
- Consulting that requires managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of database creation, data manipulation and report generation
- Ability to translate requirements from a functional, non-technical client into logical, database specific requirements
-Experience with process redesign and lean events
-Experience with all Microsoft Office tools, html, SQL, Web Focus / FOCUS, Hyperion, OBIEE/S-base, SPSS, and/or SharePoint development, and PeopleSoft, Brass Ring, or other HR Management System
- Experience in applying human capital best practices in strategic workforce planning, human capital strategy, integrated talent management, and/or workforce analytics to drive business decisions.
- Experience analyzing external labor market trends, with the ability to synthesize data and trends and relate them back to business strategy and objectives
- Working knowledge of Aerospace and Defense Industry, and familiarity with business/program strategy and operations and human capital planning
- Understanding of the Lockheed Martin and Business Area landscape
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Strategic Planning, Economics, Operations Research, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Statistics, Information Systems, Applied Research or equivalent
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Bethesda Maryland