Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
The Cyber Security Engineering organization in Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company is looking for a motivated System Administrator to join our exceptional team delivering innovative and unique software solutions to our federal government customers. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced System Administrator who is proactive and a self-starter that can identify issues, risks, and areas for improvement and then independently take action as necessary. This position is given considerable latitude to prioritize activities, identify the best technical solutions, purchase any materials needed, and carry out the necessary steps to achieve program goals.
The primary responsibility for this position is administering the infrastructure supporting the software development and testing activities. This includes managing 4 LANs supporting a team of about 25 engineers and is comprised of VMWare virtual machines, Active Directory domains, Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X servers, network attached storage (NAS), and Windows, Linux, and OS X workstations.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Manage the configuration and daily operation of the VMWare infrastructure.
2. Manage the configuration and optimization of the Synology NAS storage infrastructure.
3. Optimize system operations and resource utilization.
4. Review, improve, and manage the server, network storage, and workstation backup strategy.
5. Work with software vendors to troubleshoot issues.
6. Interface with the Lockheed Martin Enterprise Business Services (EBS) organization as needed to support networks, workstations, and routine O&M of server infrastructure (e.g. security patches, firewall administration, user account management, etc.)
7. Provide ad-hoc technical support to the team as needed.
8. Build and/or keep up-to-date all hardware and software configuration documentation.
9. Manage software licenses ensuring no lapse in support coverage.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Must have the following experience to be considered for the position:
1. At least 7 years of experience as a system administrator managing networks, workstations, and servers.
2. Experience administering VMWare virtual machines.
3. Experience administering Active Directory domains.
4. Experience managing multi-operating system environments including Windows, Linux, and Mac.
5. Experience managing server and network storage backups.
6. Experience with network and hardware infrastructure planning/architecting to improve or grow capabilities.
7. Experience administering classified networks and familiar with government security processes and policies.
8. Active Top Secret security clearance.
The following skills and experience are desired but are not prerequisites for the position:
1. Familiarity with managing and configuring Veritas / Symantec Backup Exec software.
2. Experience with Synology NAS.
3. Experience administering and managing Atlassian products.
4. Experience administering and configuring Jenkins.
5. Experience setting up new networks including setting up hardware, running wires, and configuring the network.
6. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
7. Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Herndon Virginia