Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
Full Time Employee Contractor
This dynamic position is based at Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs, CO. The System Administrator (SA) maintains operations of multi-user computer systems, virtual computer systems, COTS software products, and performs basic network administration within the scope of the site?s connectivity network. The SA is very familiar with Red Hat Linux, IBM AIX, and Microsoft Windows. The SA is aware of SGI IRIX, Sun Solaris, Juniper JUNOS, and Cisco IOS. The SA team is responsible for monitoring and correcting system performance issues, backing up and restoring files, patching system and operating system software, maintaining software licenses, and assisting the Information Assurance team with account management and system vulnerability management. SAs work closely with the customer and peer personnel to accomplish these responsibilities. The SA also provides OJT on system configuration, assists in deploying software/hardware deliveries, supports special projects, and assists operational crews and contractor teams to resolve system and network issues. The SAs assist the IA team by providing access to system logs, instruction for monitoring user accounts, and identifying and responding to security issues/incidents.
This is A day-staff position but after-hours support may be required from time-to-time in support of 24/7 operations as assigned by the team lead. System Administrators are required to be CompTIA Security+ certified and must be completed within 90 days of assignment.
- Experienced with basic system administration tasks
- Familiarity with network administration of routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Experience with virtualized operating system concepts and administration.
- Must be able to work in A production/operational environment.
- Must be willing and able to travel (20%) between Boulder CO, Greeley, CO, Aurora CO, and Colorado Springs CO
- Candidate must have an active Secret Security Clearance
- Active TS/SCI
- Security Certifications (Security+, etc)
- Leadership experience
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux, and the Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Familiarity Windows Active Directory domains and Windows server administration.
- Experience with shell scripting languages (e.g., Korn shell or C shell).
As A leading technology innovation Company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering A better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Colorado Springs Colorado