Scientific Software Engineer (Job Number:431597)
RESEARCH SCIENTIST/SOFTWARE ENGINEER - The NASA Land Information System (LIS; http://lis.gsfc.nasa.gov) team seeks a software engineer/research scientist to contribute to the development and maintenance of land surface models within LIS. The candidate is expected to lead the implementation of new land surface models, support of required land surface parameters, benchmarking and model verification. The candidate should have experience in land surface hydrology and programming with Fortran.
- Master's degree or Phd in atmospheric science, geophysics, hydrology or related discipline.
- Experience in building or working with different Earth system components, familiarity with technologies such as the Earth System Modeling Framework (ESMF) are highly desired.
- The candidate will also be responsible for the software management and development of the models within LIS. In this regard, experience with formal software development process, object oriented programming and knowledge of version control tools is desired.
- A good knowledge of working with satellite datasets is a considered plus.
- In addition to Fortran, proficiency with C language, Unix and multiprocessor environments and understanding of MPI is required.
- The individual will be encouraged to present results in peer-reviewed publications and scientific meetings.
- Experience in organizing meetings, project coordination, and writing and reviewing technical reports is also expected.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 7, 2018, 4:07:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job