District of Columbia
Network Administrator (Job Number:431613)
SAIC has an opening for a Network Administrator located in Washington, DC.
This is an opening for a Network Administrator to support a Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department. Program is named "Vanguard 2.2.1" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
This is an entry to mid-level position within the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program?s Service Management Office (SMO), acting as an LAN/WAN Support Specialist. This position is on LAN/WAN Operations team supporting the Domestic Technical Services (DTS) branch of DoS. The position directly supports DoS on-site to monitor the LAN/WAN network and assist in troubleshooting and resolution.
Description of Duties:
- Monitoring network infrastructures and performing troubleshooting as issues arise.
- Escalating issues as required to Tier 3 staff and monitoring issues through the trouble life cycle.
- Assisting with updating standard operating procedures, network topology documentation, and other documentation.
- Documenting activities in Remedy helpdesk and incident management system, as part of day-to-day operations and to support SLAs, reporting metrics, and key performance indicators.
- Performing IOS and software upgrades on network infrastructures.
- Ensuring mid-shift SLAs are met and identifying trouble areas that could negatively impact the ability to maintain SLAs.
- Rack-mounting and de-installing communications equipment and associated cabling.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA degree in related discipline and nine (9) years related experience; Or, High School and eleven (11) years related experience and related advanced certification.
- Operator/maintenance training or experience on various crypto equipment such as KG-84 series, KG-75, KG-175D, and TACLANE.
- Experience in the tech control environment.
- Basic electronics or computer repair skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Able to handle moderately complex assignments with little supervision and to determine methods to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) experience.
- Technical training in computer science or related field.
- Experience repairing and terminating fiber optic cables.
- AutoCAD or Visio experience.
- Radio/satellite background.
- CCNA certification.
- Network+ or comparable certification.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
Clearance Requirement: TOP SECRET (Active) with the ability to be granted TS/SCI
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job