Full Time Employee
Program Analyst - Sr. Project Manager (Job Number:431546)
Project Manager Job Description:
SAIC has an opportunity for a Project Manager located in Kansas City, MO. This position will be in support of United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Risk Management Agency (RMA), requiring support of multiple IT projects from Initiation through Implementation. The individual will apply proven communication, project management, analytical and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefits of IT systems development and act as a liaison between program manager, product owner, customers and technical staff to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
- Coordinates and manages small to large sized technical projects from beginning to end ensuring adherence to project management principles, processes, and best practices.
- Defines and verifies project objectives, scope, requirements and deliverables that support customer goals in collaboration with all key stakeholders.
- Provides formalized, continuous work direction and leadership to assigned team of professionals, including the scheduling, assignment, and review of IT project work.
- Develops, tracks, monitors and communicates project progress against the project plan.
- Works with project stakeholders to develop project requirements, quality measures, standards, processes, cost estimates and milestones.
- Coordinates the input, support and communication with all functional areas that impact or are impacted by project scope, business value, risk, and resource requirements.
- Adheres and participates in the monitoring of quality assurance and project management guidelines.
- Will participate in software development scrum teams to ensure software meets customer requirements.
- Provides regular reporting on identified risks and variances in project financials and schedule.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, requirement documentation and presentations.
- Develops and maintains all business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Business Management or relevant discipline or 4 additional years in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of related experience.
- Experience using MS Office suite including diagramming using MS Project Plan.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to lead a presentation in front of a group of people from all skill sets and backgrounds.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust (Moderate Risk) security clearance.
- Ability to complete a drug screening.
- Experience working on a large applications team in a team environment and in a mid to large organization similar to USDA Risk Management Agency that have complex processes and systems.
- Knowledge and experience with implementation of the full software development life cycle using iterative or agile methods.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment while pursuing individual tasks in a self-directed manner.
- Experience leading groups or initiatives and facilitating team member?s work.
- Holds active PMI Certifications.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Government consulting experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2017, 8:01:11 PM
Primary Location: United States-MO-Kansas City
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job