Network Technician - Pearl Harbor, HI (Job Number:431533)
- Monitors, controls, and isolates problems in a data / communications network.
- Monitors all network activity.
- Activates/deactivates network lines according to established schedules.
- Performs first- and/or second-level problem determination (first level is help desk).
- Interfaces with users and/or network vendors.
- Responsible providing technical support for LAN/WAN or for a section of a larger network.
- May perform installation, modification and testing of network. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's Job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
- Minimal supervision.
- Work may be done without established procedures.
- Extensive knowledge in specialized functions.
- A wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects of the Job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret (TS)
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; OR, High School and five (5) years related experience with relevant certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-HI-PEARL Harbor
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job