District of Columbia
ETASS Logistics Analyst-Washington, DC (Job Number:431590)
ETASS Logistics Analyst - Washington Item Manager Provides the management, planning and analysis necessary to ensure that programs can be logistically supported and maintained.The activities include monitoring and accessing FAA ATO logistical efforts, for NAS system acquisition, including: planning, designing, developing, manufacturing, materiel management, and acquisition operations.
These efforts are accomplished by developing, reviewing, analyzing and commenting on all Logistics elements, including the maintenance concept to verify that:
- Maintenance levels have been identified and defined.
- Maintenance functions have been identified for each level.
- Quantitative parameters have been established for turnaround times at each level. Logistics pipeline times are established.
- Level of repair policies have been defined.
- Level of repair has been established through system, subsystem, Line Replaceable Unit/Lowest Replaceable Unit (LRU)/Part and Piece levels.
- Criteria for test measurement diagnostic equipment (TMDE) have been established at each level of repair.
- Criteria for Personnel Skills have been defined for each level of repair.
- Training data items are analyzed and help resolve any issues identified.
- Training inputs and class schedules are supported by budgetary planning cycles.
- Course operational tryouts, course walk-throughs, first course conducts, and other curriculum design, development and implementation activities, are represented as planned.
Property materiel management records are processed and materiel item management functions are performed to include the following:
- Support the FAA?s objective to implement strong and centralized oversight of asset capitalization, and ensure effect accountability for project material from purchase to placement in service. Ensure the proper identification, management, and accounting of personal property.
- Personal property includes project materiel, such as equipment, components, and/or parts, which is acquired by the FAA in advance of need or use, and held in inventory or storage until placed in service. Once project material are installed and assets placed in service, the project materiel is moved to one of the FAA?s property management Systems and if it meets the capitalization threshold, is capitalized, along with associated non-materiel costs.
- Ensure the proper handling of personal property acquired by the FAA using Facilities and Equipment (F&E) funds, as well as, property acquired by Contractors in the performance of their responsibilities on headquarters initiated contracts, in accordance with FAA Order 4600.27A. Facilitate the proper accounting of project materiel in both aspects of asset management: i.e., physical (materiel management) and financial (accounting).
- Material management is the physical accountability of an asset, and includes the process of identifying, managing, and controlling the movement and storage of an asset.
- Use the FAA?s Logistics Information System (LIS) to manage the handling of project materiel. Support the financial accountability of project material to ensure the FAA procurement actions comply with appropriation law and the intent of Congress.
- Use LIS to record and document all costs associated with project material purchase, delivery and installation at project sites to support the FAA accountability requirements for property management and capitalization.
- Also, provide advice and decisions regarding property management based on level of experience and knowledge of FAA processes and procedures.
- Work with various national FAA Program Managers, Integration Leads, Contracting Officers, Logistics Personnel, Transportation Officers/Specialists, and Property Managers; and work with other contract support personnel, FAA Business Managers and Service Area/Center personnel, and equipment vendors.
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of related experience.
- MS Office - Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and experience using automated property management tools or databases.
- Familiarity with FAA Personal Property Management, the Logistics Inventory System (LIS), and the Joint Acceptance Inspection process is highly desired for this position.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-Washington
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 75% of the time
Shift: Day Job