full-time employee contract
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of more than 9,000 talented employees working in 49 states and approximately 40 countries around the world in support of our nation?s national security mission. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation?s defense, security, space, and intelligence communities, we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies, including:
· All branches of the Armed Forces
· Departments of Defense, State and Homeland Security
· Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation
· Intelligence Community
· NOAA and NASA
· Other U.S. federal government agencies
Duties and Responsibilities:
ManTech is seeking a dynamic, innovative, Account Manager to directly support ManTech?s Systems Engineering Mission Support (SEMS) business unit at our Northern VA location. Reporting to the Sales Vice President for SEMS, this highly visible position will work with the most senior managers across ManTech to develop strategy and drive business growth on the business units? largest, most strategic opportunities.
Candidate has a successful history in winning large single and multiple award contracts over $50M and building a healthy pipeline of opportunities. The ideal candidate will have direct customer background either in the government or prior contractor roles. Direct government experience and knowledge of Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard intelligence customers is a must. A detailed knowledge of industry and customer leadership with established relationships is required. The right candidate will have led successful captures of a large new business vehicles and task orders.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and a successful record of winning acquisitions in other US Government agencies such as OPNAV N2/N6, Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI), Naval Information Forces (NAVIDFOR), HQMC Intelligence, and Coast Guard Intelligence (CCG-2). The candidate will have knowledge and a successful track record in winning large acquisitions in the area Cyber and Information Operations; CNO/CND; Intel Analysis; Electronic Warfare; and Training.
The selected candidate will be a key driver in the relationships between ManTech and Government service customers with direct accountability for growth in backlog and program wins. This role requires innovative strategic development and execution in leading a cross-functional set of integrated ManTech service offerings.
The ability to communicate to the Group and Business Unit leadership team a cohesive pursuit strategy and secure discretionary funds to support this strategy. Market strategy development & tactical implementation for ManTech service offerings. Development and execution of detailed capture and call plans. Frequent activities involving preparation and presentation of critical briefings to key customers and Group and Business Unit management. The selected candidate will also have direct responsibility to manage the proposal preparation team and present a fully compliant and winning technical, cost and management proposal to the customer.
· BA / BS in Business, IT, Engineering or associated discipline.
· 10 years + in defense, with experience in technical business development to major government markets.
· Successful track record positioning and winning $50M - $100M new business RFPs
· Requires knowledge and experience within the Navy/USMC and CG Intelligence community, with discriminating marketing communications skills.
· Knowledge of OPNAV, ONI, NAVIDFOR, HQMC-I, MCIA, and/or CGI required
· Previous management experience or team lead experience required.
· Understanding of proposal development techniques for complex government RFP's and understanding of cost and pricing techniques in a government environment.
· Knowledge of Far and FAR supplements is a plus.
· Travel is required in this important role to develop relational capacity with the customer.
· U.S. citizenship is required and the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
· This position is located in Northern VA
· Motivational leadership skills and drive to win in an ultra-competitive environment are key attributes for this position.
Security Clearance: Minimum of Secret clearance. TS clearance preferred
**Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to **classified information.
More Information: This job opening is just one of the many openings we have. For more information about ManTech, visit us at our web site www.mantech.com and click on CAREERS. ManTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are urged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.