Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
The System Administrator will support the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter
Training System program. Duties include configuration, installation,
and testing of Training Infrastructure IT systems.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. If you love long freezing bone chilling cold snowy winters and shoveling snow you will not enjoy your time in Orlando. Central Florida is a great place to live with lots of attractive residential housing available. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld. Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1 and ¼ hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast.
- Experience with Linux Server Administration (SUSE, RedHat, CentOS, or equivalent distro)
- Experience with scripting using Perl, Ruby, Python, and/ or Linux Shell (Bash, Korn, etc.)
- Experience with Linux / Open Source Virtual Environments (KVM, Open Stack, etc.)
- Familiarization of server administration (system hardening, system patching, backup/restore, system imaging, and log management)
- Ability to work in high stress, time sensitive environment
- Experience with systems administration tasks (e.g. software and hardware installation and maintenance, file management, system troubleshooting, system accreditation support and system configurations)
- Troubleshooting skills for hardware, network and software outages
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Final transferable secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last six years required
- The ability to obtain Special Access Program clearances required
- Current F-35 Program access strongly desired
- Experience with SELinux and Linux Security/Remediation
- Security+ Certification
- Experience with Networking; Creation and management of virtual machines and thin/zero client devices
- Experience with directory services & authentication (Active Directory, Open Directory, LDAP; Kerberos, multi-factor auth.)
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida