Senior Cyber Security Threat Hunter/Senior SOC Analyst (Job Number:431761)
SAIC is currently seeking candidates for a SOC Analyst, supporting our Federal/Civilian Customer's Technology and Enterprise Support Services Program (TESS).
Sr. Cyber Security Threat Hunter
SAIC is currently seeking candidates for a Sr. Cyber Security Threat Hunter, supporting our Federal/Civilian Customer Technology and Enterprise Support Services (TESS) Program. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a key team of cyber security professionals here at SAIC, supporting full life cycle cyber security operations for our customer. We are seeking an individual that can bring security analysis and incident response experience to support daily operations and help grow and mature our current SOC environment.
As a Cyber Threat Hunter you will be responsible for participating in threat actor based investigations, creating new detection methodologies, and provided expert support to incident response and monitoring functions. The focus of the Threat Hunter is to detect, disrupt and eradicate the presence of threat actors from enterprise networks. To execute this mission, the Threat Hunter will use data analysis, threat intelligence, and cutting-edge security technologies. You will also directly support the Security Operations Center by applying analytic and technical skills to investigate intrusions, identify malicious activity and potential insider threats, and perform incident response.
This is an evening/weekend position.
- General SIEM monitoring, analysis, content development, and maintenance
- Research, analysis, and response for alerts; including log retrieval and documentation
- Conduct analysis of network traffic and host activity across a wide array of technologies and platforms
- Assist in incident response activities such as host triage and retrieval, malware analysis, remote system analysis, end-user interviews, and remediation efforts
- Compile detailed investigation and analysis reports for internal SOC consumption and delivery to management
- Track threat actors and associated tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Capture intelligence on threat actor TTPs and develop countermeasures in response to threat actors
- Analyze network traffic, IDS/IPS/DLP events, packet capture, and FW logs
- Analyze malicious campaigns and evaluate effectiveness of security technologies
- Develop advanced queries and alerts to detect adversary actions
- Coordinate threat hunting activities across the network leveraging intelligence from multiple internal and external sources, as well as cutting-edge security technologies
- Design and build custom tools for investigations, hunting, and research
- Assist in the design, evaluation, and implementation of new security technologies
- Lead response and investigation efforts into advanced/targeted attacks
- Hunt for and identify threat actor groups and their techniques, tools and processes
- Identify gaps in IT infrastructure by mimicking an attacker?s behaviors and responses
- Provide expert analytic investigative support of large scale and complex security incidents
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of security incidents for further enhancement of alert catalog
- Continuously improve processes for use across multiple detection sets for more efficient Security Operations
- Review alerts generated by detection infrastructure for false positive alerts and modify alerts as needed
- Develop dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious/anomalous activity, malware, etc.
- Provide forensic analysis of network packet captures, DNS, proxy, Netflow, malware, host-based security and application logs, as well as logs from various types of security sensors
- A passion for research, and uncovering the unknown about internet threats and threat actors
- Ensure the SOC analyst team is providing excellent customer service and support
- 5 years of relevant cyber security experience in IT Security, Incident Response or network security with strong knowledge working in a SOC
- 3+ years of experience with the incident response process, including detecting advanced adversaries, log analysis using Splunk or similar tools, and malware triage
- Experience with creating automated log correlations in Splunk or a similar tool to identify anomalous and potentially malicious behavior
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Splunk search language, search techniques, alerts, dashboards and report building.
- Strong analytical and investigation skills
- Experience with active threat hunting and adversary tracking
- Working knowledge of security architectures and devices
- Working knowledge of threat intelligence consumption and management
- Working knowledge of root causes of malware infections and proactive mitigation
- Working knowledge of lateral movement, footholds, and data exfiltration techniques
- Experience with Netflow or PCAP analysis
- Track record of creative problem solving, and the desire to create and build new processes
- Experience and knowledge of packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewall technologies, IDS technologies, proxy technologies, and antivirus, spam and spyware solutions
- Experience converting intelligence into actionable mitigation and technical control recommendations
- Experience with the Windows file system and registry functions or *NIX operating systems and command line tools
- Knowledge of the underlying logic that security alerts are built upon and apply them when analyzing raw logs and creating new dashboards and alerts
- Knowledge of typical behaviors of both malware and threat actors and how common protocols and applications work at the network level, including DNS, HTTP, and SMB.
- Experience working in fast paced environments, and ability manage workload even during times of stress or escalated activity
- Comfortable with impromptu tasking and loosely defined requirements
- Strong time management and multitasking skills as well as attention to detail
- Strong collaborative skills and proven ability to work in a diverse team of security professionals
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Perform memory analysis
- Perform malware analysis
- Experience with computer exploitation methodologies
- Experience as a government contractor
- Relevant security certifications; CISSP and GCIH or GCIA (GCIA preferred)
- Bachelor?s degree or higher in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Security, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, etc.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 24, 2018, 1:24:04 PM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Evening Job