Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
This position reports to Quality Engineering leader and is responsible for work product quality and continual assessment of manufacturing product and process yield as assigned to a specific fabrication, assembly, or flight line area or segment. Will utilize statistical methods and preventive action methods to evaluate and initiate actions to identify and control sources of variation detrimental to quality, cost, and schedule targets. Conduct/coordinate process and product evaluations and assessments. Emphasis will be placed on Validation of key process capability. Scope of responsibility also includes; quality and cost data analysis, lead root cause, corrective and preventive action investigations/ decisions/ validations, variation management actions, supplier quality integration tasks, along with area improvement strategy and planning. Responsible and accountable for delivering effective methods and initiating improvements that will drive and improve overall quality performance reducing area defects and Scrap, Rework, Repair cost to minimum as measured and trended by quality diagnostic measurement system. Will collaborate with various functions to assure compliance and continuous improvement. Will provide local customer interface.
Must be a US Citizen, this position will require a government security clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Current Active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Possess hands-on working knowledge of engineering drawings, read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Basic knowledge of aircraft components and systems
- First Article Inspection requirements
Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science. Consideration will be given to candidates enrolled in technical degree program.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Demonstrated quality science expertise in one or more of the following areas: Statistical process control, sampling, PFMAE, root cause analysis and corrective action validations, and supplier quality management.
- Root Cause Analysis experience or training.
- Proven ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Quality Assurance processes and procedures
- High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals.
- Green Belt or Black Belt
- FAA Airframe and Power plant certification (A&P)
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Palmdale California