Software/System Test Engineer (Job Number:431788)
The candidate will have a strong background in submarine communications Systems and possess a strong problem solving skill and the ability to learn new technologies quickly. Specific responsibilities of the candidate will include:
- Provide Software integration engineering and testing support
- Participate in resolving technical issues and troubleshoot the system that may arise during integration, implementation and testing of Software
- Provide technical direction, guidance and training to less experienced staff
- Interface with management, customers and team regularly
Required Education and Experience:
- DoD IAT 1 certified eligible.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information Systems or a related major with 2 years? experience or 4-6 years relevant experience
- Experience with Submarine Communications Systems
- Excellent Communications Skills are imperative
- Establish equipment configurations in support of operational requirements.
- Experience with backup and restoring Systems
- Ability to design and implement network architecture
- Candidate should have strong computer and networking skills and demonstrate a working knowledge of current applicable military and commercial standards and specifications.
- Experience with SLVR highly desired.
- Understanding of Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) to lockdown network equipment
- Maintain network in compliance with NETSEC directives (IAVA, IAVM)
- Candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Visio, Project, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Word).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 27, 2017, 1:49:49 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job