Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Database Administrator for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for USMC at Iwakjuni, Japan. Upon completion of OJT (see below), candidate will then transition to OCONUS assignment.
Database Administrator for an operating unit, responsible for ensuring the integrity of all the databases within the system.
The Database Administrator maintains the internal database of the system as well as the individual applications. The Database Administrator works closely with the System Administrator to carry out and sustain system-wide backups and restores. The Database Administrator will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates). Performs Database technical duties to include general backups, restore, updates, testing, debugging, integration and analysis. The specific duties include performing data transfers between operating units and other systems (internal and external), providing user access to data, keeping servers operational, configuring assets to support user needs, troubleshooting assets. Monitors test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, testing patches and an overall status of the system.
- Must be willing to travel, to include Ship CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
- The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Deployment and continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of the OJT required at Lockheed Martin?s training locations prior to international assignment. These locations may include but are not limited to: Luke AFB, AZ; Nellis AFB, NV, Hill AFB, UT; Eglin AFB, FL; Edwards AFB, CA; Fort Worth, TX; Orlando, FL; Yuma, AZ; Beaufort, SC.
- Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and subject to all applicable U.S. Government requirements. A detailed list of these requirements will be available at the time of interview and employment will be contingent on agreement and compliance with such requirements.
- Relocation: Relocation is available for this exciting international assignment
Candidates must have current security clearance investigation with 5 years from the investigation close date.
Candidates Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
In addition to the following:
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or database administration process background
2) Prior Database Administration and/or Database Development experience
3) Good Communication & Verbal skills
4) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
5) Familiar with COTS/developed Software (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
6) Must hold an active US DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
7) Must be willing to work off hours depending on operational needs.
8) Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
9) Time zone differences may require adjusted shift schedule as necessary to participate in telcons or VTCs with external agencies
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for senior military staff and management
2) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
3) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F35 Mission Systems hardware and software
4) Certified in Security+
5) Demonstrated database administration skills, to include:
a) Experience with importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases, be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL scripts and report/correct finding and issues to the development team.
b) Database backups for Disaster Recovery preparation and maintenance on the Oracle databases. Scripts to perform Level 0 and delta (Level 1) backups, full logical export of all database data that collects snapshots of parameter files and checks database for logical and physical corruption
c) Database restoration for disaster recovery from most current backups
d) Status check scripts to troubleshoot database issues by pulling status of every database on the server, status of the database listener, and provide database system file tampering notification
e) Manually install Oracle Critical Patch Updates
f) Reviewing V$ tables and DBA views for any issues that may arise
g) Locate user session data via the command line
h) Performance tuning utilizing SQL commands (without using Oracle Enterprise Manager)
i) Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery to include hot and cold backups.
j) Understanding of SQL/PL-SQL language and be able to execute.
6) Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
a) Engineering skills required for maintaining Enterprise Server Racks.
d) Strong Working knowledge of SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture.
e) Ability to work with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere, Visual SAN, Fabric Manager).
f) Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Media.
7) COTS/developed software skills
8) Software Engineering background and experience
9) Integration & Test experience
Iwakuni, Yamaguchi, Japan / MCAS Iwakuni
The OCONUS Locale: Iwakuni is a city on the Japanese Island of Honshu in the eastern part of Yamaguchi Prefecture, bordering the Seto Inland Sea. Iwakuni is a great place to live and offers much entertainment and culture for its residents and visitors alike. The Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni or MCAS Iwakuni is located in the city of Iwakuni. Yamaguchi Prefecture is in the Chugoku region on Honshu island. The capital is the city of Yamaguchi, in the center of the prefecture. The largest city, however, is Shimonoseki. US expats living in Japan have lots of great things to say about their experience living in this exotic country with its vibrant people and dynamic culture.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Luke AFB Arizona