full-time employee contract
Performs services to enable all aspects of the network to include maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex internetwork issues.
1. Maintaining data, voice and/or video network hardware and systems;
2. Investigating and resolving network and hardware matters of significance;
3. Researches, analyzes, isolates and resolving errors;
4. Assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
5. Providing escalated Tier-2 and Tier-3 technical support on data, voice or video networks;
6. Answers technical questions; recommends and Implementing approved course of action.
7. Installing network applications on network servers or voice equipment; Maintaining, tests, researches and resolving problems.
8. Designs, Implementing and maintaining various networks such as LAN, CAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements.
9. Preparing data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
10. Performing data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
11. Serves as a role model to less experienced personnel
Four (4) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Associate's degree in engineering technology from an accredited college is required.
Two (2) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for an Associate's degree.
Certifications: An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNA, or equivalent, certification or higher required. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position.
Must be a US Citizen and hold an active TS/SCI w/ polygraph clearance