IT Specialist II: JOC Crisis & Contingency Support Desk (Job Number:431978)
SAIC currently is seeking to hire an IT Specialist II to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) J3, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The JOC Crisis Contingency and Emergency Support Analyst provides general situational awareness of the cyberspace environment and performing routine and emergency actions and communications within USCYBERCOM and between USCYBERCOM and all applicable staff elements, JFHQs, subordinate headquarters, components, CCMDs, components, and agencies with cyber-related missions. Pre-positions information for use by the USCYBERCOM Cyber Battle Captain during emergency or rapid response situations and assist with knowledge management activities.
Daily activities include:
- Identifies user requirements and describes services available or refers inquires to other staff
- Provides technical support of a limited scope to users and assists them in defining and solving computing problems within well-defined areas of responsibility
- Assist in the development, revision, and execution of, and adherence to, emergency action processes and procedures
- Coordinate JOC Knowledge Management, and monitor and assist with updates, maintenance, and controls of the systems that project on the JOC Knowledge Walls
- Assist the Joint Duty Officers (JDOs) in maintaining Polycom Teleconference and Video Teleconference (VTC) functionality within the JOC, and schedule and operate the VTC and POLYCOM Teleconferences
- Assists in developing preparing, and evaluating training program outlines, training manuals, instructions, reference manuals, and other materials and conducts training sessions as assigned
- Assists in preparing documentation of supported products for users
- Maintain an organized compilation of all current JOC information technology (IT) requirements and capabilities and coordinate actions for fulfillment of the requirements, integration, and maintenance of capabilities
- Applies knowledge of computer science principles, information management principles, data processing functions, and Automated Data Processing (ADP) hardware and software systems structures and operations, and computer programming languages and techniques to solve automation problems
- Identifies and uses standard, unconventional, and original mathematical, algorithmic, and programmatic approaches to define, plan, organize, design, develop, modify, test, and integrate database or data processing systems, computer hardware systems and simulation models.
- Develops project plans, guidelines, and controls
- Conducts individual and group training sessions and demonstrates how to use computer programs
- Provides training related to computerized applications
- Supports older technology during transition phases and tests new equipment, software, and technologies for replacement
- Monitors and distributes helpdesk calls and assists with report programming
- Possesses expert-level knowledge of computers and peripheral equipment, including operating systems and basic operations functions, system and memory configurations, and software
- Conducts quality assurance reviews and the evaluation of existing and new software products
- Installs, operates, configures, diagnoses, and repairs computers, related software, and peripheral equipment
- Monitors, operates, configures, diagnoses, and repairs computers, related software, and peripheral equipment
- Determines users? needs and problems, understands program requirements, and develops effective solutions; prepares documentation materials
- Establishes rapport quickly and effectively with groups and individuals and maintains effective working relationships
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 5 years of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD or JD and zero (0) years or more experience.
- Minimum IAT Level II Certification (Security+ CE, SSCP, GSEC; GICSP, CCNA-Security)
- AMHS; SharePoint; and prior IT ticketing experience.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
ACTIVE TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2018, 7:55:37 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job