Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
This is a Technical Subcontract Management (TSM) field support position. The TSM will be responsible for providing onsite support at a major system supplier along with various airframe suppliers in/around the San Diego, CA area. Approximately 90% of the TSMs time will be spent at a Lockheed Martin (LM) supplier facility.
A TSM is a member of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) team that LM Aeronautics uses to minimize disruptions to the supply chain by providing ?in the field? oversight of supplier execution. Daily activities include: working with supplier personnel to prioritize components through manufacturing, validating the status of the deliverable parts and providing detailed status to LM procurement, preparing plans to reduce/prevent shortages, identifying risks in the supply chain, and developing risk mitigation plans to minimize the potential impact to LM.
Candidates should have an understanding of production processes as they relate to F-35 mission systems components. Candidates should also be familiar with processes involved in machined part fabrication, composite layup, and general aerospace manufacturing. The candidate should be a self-starter that is capable of analyzing supplier processes and developing improvement plans in collaboration with personnel from both the supplier and LM. The candidate will regularly collaborate across multiple functions (within LM and at the supplier facility), including production, procurement, quality, and engineering, in order to expedite parts/assemblies that are required to support each of the LM Aeronautics Lines of Business (LOB).
The success of the person in this position will greatly depend on his/her ability to communicate clearly and effectively with supplier personnel at varying levels of an organization. The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and be able to build relationships quickly with multiple stakeholders.
The work scope of this position will require the candidate to live in or near San Diego, CA; however, occasional travel within the Continental U.S. may be required.
- Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with one or more of the following: subcontract management, supply chain, project management, program management, procurement engineering, production control, lean manufacturing, machined part fabrication, major system manufacturing and testing.
- Project management experience working with a prime supplier or major sub-tier supplier within the aerospace/defense industry.
- Understanding of aerospace manufacturing and fabrication processes; prior experience working in production operations within an aerospace environment is a plus; F-35 Program experience is a plus.
- Experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles; experience performing Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) analysis; Green/Black Belt certification is a plus.
- Experience using SAP Enterprise Software; Understanding of material movements within a MRP environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills; Ability to effectively deliver presentations to management
- Self-Directed with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Lockheed Martin Acquisition Procedures (LMAP), Product Data Management (PDM), JSF Data Library (JDL), Quality Assurance Document System (QADS), Shop floor Manager (SFM).
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): EL CAJON California