Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Technology Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The Senior Principal Systems Engineer will be the lead Engineer of a highly technical tech refresh team in a small to medium enterprise technical refresh project. This is a hands-on position that requires an experienced individual to design, develop, test, install, upgrade, patch, manage, and troubleshoot a VMware Vsphere 6.5 enterprise installation to include Horizon View. Additional duties include field deployment of server hardware, software, backups, disaster recovery, and Cisco VTC, VOIP, router and switch upgrades.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Engineer, document, deliver and maintain the information system solution
- Expert knowledge of physical and VMware virtual hardware, software configuration, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Perform requirements analysis, design and integration
- Perform field deployments of the engineered solution
- Diagnose and resolve the complex performance, security and/or technical challenges related to the hardware and OS/apps listed below
- HP Blade servers to HP DL380 G10 host servers
- HP Thin clients
- Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Windows Server 2016
- MS SQL Server 2016
- Windows 10
- VMware Horizon View
- MS Office 2013/2016
- Cisco router and switch replacements
- Cisco VTC upgrades
- Cisco VoIP phone upgrades
- Development of documentation for operations and maintenance. Develop as-installed documentation for disaster recovery. Create system operation and verification tests (SOVT) to ensure patches and upgrades do not impact operations.
- Related College degree preferred: Bachelor and/or Master Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, Systems Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 10-12 years of experience in the Information Technology field
- 3 years of experience with VMware 6.0 and later
- 3 years of experience managing, troubleshooting, and operating various Systems in small to medium Microsoft windows environments.
- 5 years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server and MS Office products
- VCAP6-DTM certification (Design or Deploy) or VCP6-DCV required
- Microsoft Certification required
- Current and valid Security+CE certification required
- 20% Travel required CONUS and OCONUS
Security Clearance Requirements:
Secret Clearance required