Systems Engineer / Analyst (Job Number:431981)
SAIC is looking for talented and accomplished staff to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD), Weapons Control and Integration Department, Strike Weapons Systems Division.
- The body of work includes total Systems engineering, software development, and test and evaluation capabilities to various Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Programs.
- Projects include Systems, software, and test engineering, along with system analysis and modeling and simulation of a variety of weapons Systems, weapon control Systems, and warfare Systems, most notably the Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS) and the Tactical Tomahawk Weapon Control System (TTWCS).
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, Systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total Systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet Business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating Systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor?s of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline, or five (5) years of a demonstrated and established knowledge base and subject matter expertise relevant to specific technical disciplines of the SOW, including the qualifications below.
- In addition, five (5) years professional Systems engineering experience with a DoD major platform, weapon, Command and Control (C2), or fire control Systems program, with five (5) years concurrent experience as a team leader performing system engineering and mission engineering efforts that include developing requirements, top level designs and system architectures for software intensive Systems.
- This includes experience related to the identification, analysis and resolution of complex Systems engineering design issues involving platform, weapon, C2, and fire control Systems for Navy/Joint warfighting capabilities.
- Specialized Systems Engineering Experience ? Five (5) years specialized demonstrated expertise in total life cycle system development and analysis, supporting achievement of milestone decisions and concepts of operations (CONOPS) and initial design development from upper level requirements.
- Experience dealing with issues for a system employing Government Off- The-Shelf (GOTS) software and Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software technology.
- Demonstrated experience developing system integration documents for weapons Systems and weapons control Systems.
- Demonstrated experience with weapon system certification processes and requirements, specifically self-certification criteria for elements of these Systems.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job