AEGIS Computer Network Technician (ACNT) (Job Number:431995)
SAIC is currently looking for AEGIS Computer Network Technician based in Norfolk, VA.
The successful candidate will shall provide on-site field engineering and technical support services for Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 296. The candidate will also support provided by this position includes technical support, and assistance to conduct inspections and assessments on the Aegis Computer Networks to include, but not limited to Local Area Networks, Switch Blade Servers, Routers, VME Chassis Structure, Fiber Optics, and Digital Interfaces on the Aegis Baselines 7.1, 7.1.R, 7.2, 8.1 and 9.A0.
Additionally, the candidate will:
- Perform functional checks and program review support for Aegis Computers/Networks on the baselines as stated above.
- Identify and correct system faults/anomalies in Aegis Computers/Networks on the baselines as stated above.
- Assist other Codes at MARMC with AEGIS LAN connectivity issues. Provide onboard maintenance training to ship?s force technicians in the operation, repair and maintenance of the Aegis Computers/Networks described above.
- Hold and maintain a DOD SECRET clearance.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with Aegis Computer Networks
- 9 years of Naval experience
- 9 years of specialized experience operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and testing of Aegis Computer Networks.
- Proficient using UNIX, LINUX, REDHAT, REDHAWK, and CISCO IOS.
- Experience with general and special purpose electronic test equipment to perform both organizational and intermediate level maintenance.
- A graduate of NAVY Aegis Computer Network C School or commercial Network System Administrator equivalent.
- Having attained special skills such as basic soldering, wire wrap and connectorization skills.
- The most qualified candidates will have had formal instructor experience.
- Possess and maintain a valid CPR Certification from a Nationally Accepted organization.
- Possess and maintain a valid Passport.
- Up to 25%.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 5, 2018, 8:36:05 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job