Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Support the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Weapon System Engineering, Integration, and Test (WSEIT) Systems Engineering (WSE). The Systems Engineer will work in a team environment with experienced engineers and will be a key contributor to system level reviews (System Requirements, Preliminary Design and Critical Design) for future THAAD capabilities. Tasks may include: (1) Lead the development of new system requirements for the new functionality and maintenance of existing requirements, (2) Development of preliminary interface definitions, (3) Development of system algorithms and updates to system design documentation, (4) Lead performance assessments using high fidelity and medium fidelity THAAD simulations, (5) Development of verification plans, analysis of verification data, (6) Development of THAAD high/medium fidelity simulations, and (7) Briefing results of tasking to leadership and at the appropriate TIMs.
The Systems Engineer must be able to interact well with peers, leadership, customers, and subcontractors. Must possess the ability to support technical discussions and communicate in a clear and concise manner.
Skills for this Systems Engineer include: C/C++, FORTRAN, MATLAB, missile, radar, BMDS, DOORS, GEARS, Model-Based Systems Engineering, MBSE, Systems Engineering, Secret security clearance.
- Microsoft suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Word)
- Communicate effectively with leadership and customer
- Overall systems engineering process
- C/C++, FORTRAN, and/or MATLAB for desktop analysis and tool development
- Experience across multiple Systems Engineering disciplines
- Missile and/or Radar Systems
- Design, development or analysis for the THAAD program or other Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Element
- DOORs or GEARs
- High fidelity simulations and execution of system performance assessments
- Model Based Systems Engineering principles and MBSE tools
- BS degree technical or related discipline to description above
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Huntsville Alabama