Sr. Systems Engineer (Job Number:432276)
SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer located in Saudi Arabia to support the Royal Saudi Naval Forces C4ISR Lab, Technical Support Center, and Command Operations Centers. The candidate will be the primary point of contact between these Systems and the U.S. Command Fifth Fleet in Bahrain and the Ministry of Defense in Riyadh.
- Responsibilities include hardware and Software integration, installation, configuration, and upgrade at the Royal Saudi Naval Forces (RSNF) C4ISR Lab at King Salman Logistics Support Base and the 3 RSNF Command Operations Centers (COCs), and the interface of these Systems to the U.S. Command Fifth Fleet in Bahrain and the Ministry Of Defense (MOD) in Riyadh.
- Duties include hardware and Software design and test, system integration and implementation, cost analysis, and development of engineering drawings and documentation that are required for each upgrade to the COCs.
- Provide technical research and project planning for all aspects of the RSNF COC subsystems.
- Demonstrated experience working OCONUS in security cooperation effort or for foreign customers (i.e., not for US military bases or USG facilities).
- Demonstrated experience interacting with foreign senior milita1y/government officials.
- Demonstrated experience with foreign disclosure reviews or similar demonstrated experience such as sanitizing technical documentation.
- Demonstrated experience performing requirements analysis, including activities such as site surveys, System Operation Verification Tests (SOVTs).
- Demonstrated experience in researching and conducting analysis of alternatives of COTS products.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining IMSs and the ability to present the IMS in multiple formats, including MS Project and MS PowerPoint (or similar Software).
- Demonstrated experience interacting with US and foreign senior military/government officials.
- Demonstrated experience working in austere locations (e.g., Middle Eastern nations) in security cooperation efforts or for foreign customers (i.e., not for US military bases or USG facilities)
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field from an accredited college or university and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field from an accredited college or university and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Five+ (5) years demonstrated experience as an Engineer supporting C4I Systems such as GCCS, NAVMACS, HF, UHF, and VHF Radios and Antennas, Tactical Data Links (Link-11, 16, 22), CENTRIXS, Network Communications, SATCOM, ADSI, or VBSS.
- Three+ (3) years demonstrated experience working with Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) equipment such as radars, GPS, AIS, Radio Direction Finding, electro-optic cameras, Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS); Audio Processing System (APS); Emergency Radio System; Fiber Optic Transport Network (FPTN); Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Systems; Video Display Systems; or Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Systems.
- Three+ (3) years demonstrated experience with SPAWAR prime mission products.
- Three+ (3) years demonstrated experience supporting Systems Engineering and Technical Reviews (SETR).
- US SECRET security clearance required.
- Fluent Arabic desired but not required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 14, 2017, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: Saudi Arabia-Ar Riyad-RIYADH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job