Full Time Employee
Senior Network/Systems Engineer (Job Number:432375)
- USCENTCOM is required to provide sustained C4 support to Security Cooperation Organizations (SCO) located in U.S. Embassies throughout USCENTCOM area of responsibility (AOR).
- The ultimate goal is to ensure data, voice, video, and communication requirements are correctly provisioned and operational to support assured communication between warfighters and Senior Defense Officials, Commander USCENTCOM and U.S. Ambassadors.
- The Contractor shall provide Systems integration, installation, and maintenance support to the SCO offices located in the U.S. Embassies in USCENTCOM?s AOR.
- The Contractor shall administer Systems, perform testing, perform training, and provide operations and management (O&M) support for all CENTCOM computers, voice, video, networks and communications Systems.
- The Contractor shall utilize remote communications (e.g., electronic mail, telephone, admin tools) as well as site visits to accomplish this task.
- Under minimal supervision install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain computers, telecommunications, and network equipment to include workstations, servers, printers, scanners, cryptographic encryptors, COMSEC keys maintenance and transfer, routers, switches, TACSAT radios, Iridium phones, telephones, and any other equipment within the scope of this task.
- This includes all networks identified by USCENTCOM (e.g. SIPR, NIPR, CPN, BILAT, etc.)
- Provide remote and on-site technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of workstations, servers (virtual servers), printers, scanners, cryptographic encryptors, routers, switches, Riverbed WAN accelerators, TACSAT radios, etc. and related software/hardware
- Responsible for implementing fixes and patches through various means such as registry edits, patch installation, Active Directory Security Policy configuration and various application testing.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain computers, workstations, laptops, servers, virtual servers (VMWare), thin clients, printers, scanners, and any other equipment within the scope of this task
- Maintain equipment and cable infrastructure (CAT- 5/6, fiber optics) to include installation and labeling in accordance with USCENTCOM developed policies, standards, and procedures.
- Perform system and data backups on USCENTCOM Systems and servers IAW USCENTCOM back-up policies.
- Update instructions, network diagrams, inventories, regulations, COMSEC documentation, guidelines, worksheets, spreadsheets, briefings, phone rosters, point of contact rosters, and checklist related to all SCOs. Provide updates to CCJ6-SS.
- Provide user training and assistance on USCENTCOM equipment (within the scope of this task) to all SCOs.
- Visit on a regular basis (or when directed) SCO sites where networks and equipment are installed and provide maintenance, support, and recommendations where necessary.
- All C4ES personnel are required to have a valid passport in the event travel to the USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility is necessary.
- Recommend personnel have a valid international driver?s license.
- Provide remote and/or on-site support for all system/services operated and maintained within the scope of this task.
- Maintain a comprehensive on-call/alert roster and update this roster on a monthly basis
REQUIRED SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS/CLEARANCE LEVEL:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret is required in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- DoD 8570 IAT-II certification is required and satisfied by holding CompTIA Security+ (SY0-301) certification.
- Passport; position will be required to travel throughout USCENTCOM AOR.
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting Microsoft OS (Windows 7/10), Windows Server 2012 R2, Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite, VMWare virtual servers, Cisco networking (routers and switches).
- Experience with troubleshooting and managing cryptographic encryptors (KG-175D, IPS-250, STE phones, simple key loaders (SKL), TACSAT radios, etc.)
- Experience with COMSEC maintenance and administration related to all SCO sites.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and non- standard hours when needed; mission focused.
- Additional training, technical certification and/or experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Desired Education and Skills:
- Self- motivated, creative, willing to work as a member of a team, organized and able to manage individual schedules.
- Extensive networking/client- server applications experience.
- Thorough knowledge of computer networks? hardware/software, specifically in an enterprise environment and in applying security measure to standard configurations.
- CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP Windows 7, Cisco CCENT, Windows MCSA, ITILv3.
- Remedy Help Desk, LAN/WAN troubleshooting, thorough understanding of TCP/IP based networking.
- Must be competent to work as part of a team on all phases of customer support to include physical activities such as moving printers, workstations, scanner and other items.
- Experience with image/load set deployment in an enterprise environment (Norton Ghostcast, PXE, image cloning).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2017, 6:57:27 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-FL-TAMPA