(ZSU) Air Traffic Controller - Instructor II Puerto Rico (Job Number:432249)
We are looking for an experienced Controller Training Contract (CTC) Instructor to join the SAIC TEAM providing air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration?s (FAA). The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility.
The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day. To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. The FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met.
The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities.
The selected candidate will support En Route training requirements at the San Juan Combined/Center Radar Approach Control (CERAP) Facility in Carolina, Puerto Rico.
- The CTC Instructor is a hands-on position that requires the candidate to effectively and consistently deliver the highest quality classroom and simulation laboratory training to a wide variety of students including developmental air traffic controllers and certified professional controllers (CPC).
- The successful candidate for this position must have experience demonstrating excellent teaching and/or platform skills, classroom management techniques, and a student-focused drive for continuous improvement.
- The CTC Instructor candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years recent Certified Professional Controller experience controlling live traffic, or recent experience instructing FAA personnel.
- The recent experience must have been performed at a similar type and level of ATC facility as the San Juan CERAP.
- The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate strong technical skills with current ATC automation, simulation systems and procedures.
- This position will provide mentoring for students and Remote Pilot Operators (RPO) as well as participate in curriculum design and development.
- The selected candidate must demonstrate the knowledge and skills applicable for obtaining radar and/or non-radar simulation laboratory certifications at an Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) or CERAP within the U.S. National Airspace System.
- Candidates with direct experience as a CPC at the San Juan CERAP will have priority selection for the position.
- Operational Experience with ATC simulators including scenario design for DYSIM is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to ensure the delivery of training services meet the needs of the local facility, as well as the FAA?s overall Air Traffic Control mission is highly desired.
Certified Professional Controller (CPC) certification required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 15, 2017, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-PR-CAROLINA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job