RF Engineer (Job Number:432370)
SAIC is Seeking a motivated candidate with strong RF Engineering skills to support an exciting program contributing to national security. The ideal candidate will bring a mix of expertise in communications theory to include waveform types, signal propagation, signal modulation, and end-to- end signal flow in a satellite communication systems context. A candidate that has a background in microwave engineering would have the skills needed. Most of the work will be technical, requiring someone that can dig into engineering details and can advise the customer as their technical expert. Some programmatic support will be required as well. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- And understanding and experience with RF waveforms and propagation to include knowing the advantages and disadvantages of various waveforms, how information is encoded, communication signaling theory, and various modulation schemes
- Familiarization with Satellite Communication Theory
- Familiarization with basic antenna theory, such as understanding where losses occur, propagation patterns, etc. No design or modeling experience is needed
- Understanding of end-to- end system engineering factors for signal flow through a satellite system to include ground processing, timing, etc.
- 10 years of applicable Engineering experience
- Current active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required
- Understanding of Software Defined Radios (SDR) and chipsets
- Some understanding of digital signal processing
- Understanding of National Overhead Systems
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2017, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job