Naval Special Warfare SC Specialist - Stuttgart (Job Number:432410)
SAIC is looking for Naval Special Warfare Security Cooperation Specialists that will work onsite in a Geographic Combatant Command (GCC) headquarters and coordinate with the GCC and the Offices of Security Cooperation (OSCs) in U.S. Embassies to plan, schedule, arrange logistics for, and perform assessment activities in nations in the respective AOR and other designated areas, or globally, as needed. Security Cooperation Specialists will assist in developing and using approved metrics to judge operational capacity and capability improvements in foreign security forces, especially maritime forces, as a part of DoD security cooperation programs and will serve as subject matter experts (SMEs) in their fields.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor?s degree.
- Experience as a U.S. Navy Special Warfare officer, preferably with combat experience.
- Minimum five years? project management experience, including requirement gathering, design, implementation, and ongoing management.
- Experience working at a major DoD headquarters, e.g., OSD, Joint Staff, Combatant Command staff, Defense agency, Service headquarters, or equivalent headquarters.
- In-depth knowledge of DoD security cooperation programs and the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) process.
- Ability to work with US State Department, DoD, and foreign military senior officers and officials in a respectful, professional, and direct manner.
- Professional in conduct and appearance.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to write high quality formal reports that will be provided to senior U.S. military and civilian officials.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Capable of organizing and completing all planning, support, scheduling, and execution activities for overseas travel.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and exhibit a high level of initiative, attention to detail, and accuracy in all work, while tracking multiple tasks.
- Able and willing to travel in locally provided military aircraft, vehicles, and boats for trips to remote bases.
- Able and willing to work in high threat areas.
- Physically fit, specifically able and willing to walk up to two miles over rough terrain, carry 40-pound bags, hike up hills, climb towers, go into confined spaces, examine vessels, vehicles, aircraft, and military facilities in a field environment, and work in extreme hot or cold weather with conditions such as high winds, rain, snow, and high altitude (over 10,000 feet).
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Master's degree and/or diploma from a US military Command and Staff College or equivalent.
- Five years? experience and knowledge of public policy and operations.
- Five years? experience planning, designing, and implementing assessment, monitoring, and evaluation programs in the security sector.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 17, 2017, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: Germany-BW-STUTTGART
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job