Full Time Employee
PM Fires Subject Matter Expert-San Diego, CA (Job Number:432453)
SAIC has a need for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for PM Fires systems for the Government. The U. S. Army Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC) requires PM Fires systems SMEs to support testing, development, training and operational support. This position is contingent based on contract award and will be located in San Diego, CA.
The SME will:
- Install, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot all PM Fires systems.
- Provide technical support for Marines and units, as well as conducting training when needed.
- Develop New Equipment Training (NET) material, which shall include refresher training, tailored unit training, or exercise support training.
- Provide technical support using the Fires Assessment and Support Team (FAST), which shall include the following: AFATDS, EMT, BUCS, MTS, DFSTS, DFCS, THS Version 2 and C4I Systems or similar DoD Systems.
- Support the setup of Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF) and Joint Fires Command and Control (C2) system networks and communication architectures and software integration into MAGTF and Joint experimentation events.
Primary duty location is San Diego, CA with travel to various Contiguous United States (CONUS).
- High school diploma or equivalent and 15+ years of Fire Support experience.
- Prior military experience in Fire Support or Close Air Support Controllers MOS.
- Manual and automated tactical targeting SME using Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS), EMT, BUCS, MTS, DFSTS, DFCS, THS Version 2, and C4I Systems or similar DoD systems.
- System Operators in support of functionality analysis for PM Fires Systems for the following: AFATDS, EMT, BUCS, MTS, DFSTS, DFCS, THS Version 2 and C4I Systems or similar DoD Systems.
- Training documentation development.
- Prior experience with FAST.
- Prior experience with system network setup, communication architectures, and software integration.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high- pressure environments.
- Able to work independently and efficiently with short term deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to clearly articulate and communicate via email, phone calls, and/or video teleconference.
- Willingness to travel (around 50%).
- Prior experience as a military instructor is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and other Office products.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software and repair cables.
- Familiarity with personal computers, switches, routers, Internet Protocol (IP) addressing, network topologies, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 18, 2017, 8:20:38 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-San Diego
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job