full-time employee contract
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Windows Systems Engineer to join our team in the Bethesda, with possible limited travel in the NCR area (e.g., DC, Reston, and Quantico) and to alternate data center (West Virginia) to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Troubleshooting server matters including systems, applications, and connectivity issues
· Work with enterprise systems in terms of the management of engineering, deployment, operations, maintenance tasks and cyber security.
· Automation of permissions and directories
· Administering and engineering Microsoft Exchange
· Ensure back-up servers are readily available for disaster recover
· Maintenance and upgrades of existing servers
· Support helpdesk team with tier-2 and tier-3 IT support tickets
· Create standard operating procedures on all solutions implemented
· Skills and Tasks. Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational. Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
· Individual Work/Teamwork/Leadership. May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team. Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
· Guidance. Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
· Training and Certifications. DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order. Security+, Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA or CISSP.
· Microsoft Certified Professional or Administrator MS Server 2008 or newer
· Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016
· Plan, develop, test and deploy migration of all Windows services and applications (DNS, DFS, DHCP, FTP, IIS, Exchange, Active Directory, Windows GPOs), applying ITSM and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) delivery concepts to ensure sound engineering practices are followed and industry standards are met.
· Experience implementing file, email (MS Exchange 2010 or newer), and active directory services across multiple geographically dispersed data centers.
· WSUS management, server patching using System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) and STIG implementation
· Administration/maintenance/backup of SQL Server clustered databases
· Manage and maintain NetBackup and provide daily backup of all servers (Windows and Linux) using standard and V-Ray backups tools.
· Design and implement operational System enhancements for disaster recovery.
· Design, configure and maintain Domain File System Replication (DFSR) for main file servers to provide fault tolerance and redundancy for data.
· Familiar with shell, bash, Perl, or python scripting
· Practical knowledge of VMWare 5.x / 6.x and Hyper-V
· Automation experience with leading DevOps tools (Puppet, Ansible, Atlassian Suite)
· Operations, maintenance, and configuration of various enterprise management tools (SolarWinds, HP System Insight Manager v5.x, MOM, SCCM and SCOM)
· Infrastructure (server, storage and network) monitoring, operations and maintenance
· Maintenance, backup and performance tuning of virtual infrastructure and storage
Degree from accredited institute in an area applicable to the position / Minimum years of relevant experience in addition to education level
High School Diploma / GED 10
Associates Degree 8
Bachelor?s Degree 6
Master?s Degree 4
Current TS/SCI and must be able to successfully complete a CI polygraph.