Systems Engineer - Senior (Job Number:432499)
SAIC has a new opportunity for a Systems Engineer to work within the Intelligence Community on complex projects crucial to our national security objectives. This Senior level role will be a focal point in support of national security missions.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Systems Engineers shall be well informed on and apply modern best practices of a system's life-cycle (e.g. requirements, engineering designs, documentation, usability, integration, test, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting, decommissioning, etc)
- Identify system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal. Advise the sponsor on the operational relevance of a host of technologies related to the Sponsor?s mission
- Translate, mature, and map user and operational needs into system requirements.
- Provide recommendations and consultation on engineering approaches and practices being considered by the Sponsor. May be required to assist customer with requirements development. Assess the relationship between Systems engineering and the elements associated with the sponsor's Systems integration, Systems architectures, and Systems requirements.
- Identify and communicate system engineering risks, issues, assumptions, mitigations, and dependencies.
- Support the coordination of project activities with Sponsor stakeholders in preparation of product deployment.
- Support the Sponsor's independent assessments during the Sponsor's technologies
- Provide technical support during hardware and software installation or configuration to include end user training as needed.
- Provide technical support to Systems preparing for deployment, as well as, actively deployed Systems.
- Support management in the identification, deployment and maintenance of applications, equipment, tools, or Systems to ensure proper functionality.
- Conduct engineering trade studies to asses multiple engineering approaches being proposed to meet system objectives.
- The Contractor shall collaborate with Sponsor stakeholders to identify and seek to resolve Systems engineering gaps, especially as it concerns end-to-end product compatibility.
- Support strategic initiatives for the Sponsor and/or the Intelligence Community (IC) to meet present and future mission needs.
- The scope of strategic initiatives may include the coordination of design, development, analysis, and deployment of equipment, projects, technologies, or operations for the use of collection capabilities, or solutions.
- Bachelor's degree
- 14 or more years of Systems engineering experience.
- Operational experience working in the Intelligence Community or Special Operations Community Knowledge of related special communications and weapons Systems
- Ability to deploy OCONUS
- Top Secret SCI with polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2017, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job