Systems ENGINEER 4 (SETA TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance Required) (Job Number:432872)
Systems ENGINEER 4 (SETA)
Work Location; College Park, MD
Member of the Technical Staff working as technical support in a SETA role, on the customer’s Tactical Compliance Verification and Interoperability Assessments Team.
- Perform technical consultation to improve the effectiveness of tactical intelligence systems as a team member responsible for assessing Tactical SIGINT Systems found on a variety of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles, ships and ground platforms used by US and allied armed forces.
- Work with government and contractors to improve tactical SIGINT system effectiveness by assessing Interoperability, Connectivity, Modernization, Security and Supportability (ICMSS); assess standards implementation; evaluate documentation; and participate in technical reviews at key acquisition phases.
- Work with senior Department of Defense and Intelligence Community acquisition engineers and user representatives to identify ICMSS risks and opportunities in the architectural designs of those systems.
- With limited, high-level direction, working as a member of a small team or independently, conduct system-of-systems interoperability and technical assessments of the design and operating environment of systems based on validated effectiveness criteria. Recommend actions based on the findings in formal Assessment Reports or frequent informal technical communications.
- Work with the acquisition community, military Service Cryptologic Components of the US and our Allies, and industry stakeholders to maintain expert knowledge of current and emerging SIGINT solutions and understand the technical challenges related to tactical SIGINT interoperability within the 5-Eyes partners.
- Work with teammates to develop and maintain a model interrelating requirements, system capabilities, technology implementation, and standards. Contribute to the refinement of ICMSS system effectiveness criteria in the context of emerging system’s architecture and requirements.
- Participate in various SIGINT Working Groups; prepare and review technical assessments; and review SIGINT technologies
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a TS/SCI w/ poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A Systems ENGINEER IV must have a High School Diploma or GED plus fourteen (14) years of general system engineering experience OR a Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field1 or a Related Discipline2 from an accredited college or university plus ten (10) years of systems engineering experience OR a Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field1 or a Related Discipline2 from an accredited college or university plus eight (8) years of systems engineering experience.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Prior military SIGINT systems hands-on experience.
- Ability to review and analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, system architecture and requirements specifications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management, be willing to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, and possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership.
- Knowledge of operational SIGINT data flows.
1 Qualified Engineering fields: (Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management)
2 Related Disciplines: (Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics)
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Multi-service, multi-intelligence background.
- Experience with system acquisition requirements, technical requirements documents, and reviews.
- Familiarity with system design document preparation and JROC architecture products
- Familiarity with DoDAF v2.0 is highly desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 12, 2017, 12:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job