UX/UI DEVELOPER (SR722) (Job Number:432978)
SAIC is seeking a Web UI/UX DEVELOPER to assist in developing cutting-edge web front-ends to visualize complex scientific data. The position requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and interpersonal skills. The candidate will need to be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment. Some travel may be required.
Primary Job Duties
- Collaborate with other professionals to design, develop and test web user interfaces for scientific applications leveraging agile software development methodologies.
- Document software design and implementation.
- Communicate effectively with development team.
- Integrate software into CI/CD pipeline.
- Assist in the development of automated UI tests.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality (e.g. security, modifiability, extensibility, performance, etc.)
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Able to work closely with design team and customers to ensure solutions will meet requirements.
- Bachelors degree or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with developing web front ends for scientific applications
- Ability to obtain DOE Q security clearance. Can start uncleared.
- Experience visualizing large amounts of data in a browser
- Experience with Micro-Service Architectures
- Experience with DevOps software delivery
- Experience with Container Technologies (e.g. Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience in developing systems for managing big-data, analytics or business intelligence across disparate data sources
- Experience with web- based application development in J2EE
- Knowledge of and experience with the full software development life cycle using iterative or agile methods
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Critical thinking, synthesis and problem-solving; ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to a fast-paced, customer-focused operation; teaming; self-starting
- An active security clearance preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 15, 2017, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job