Enterprise Solution Architect (Job Number:433128)
SAIC is hiring an Enterprise Solution Architect in Reston, VA
The SAIC IT Market Segment currently has a new position available as an Enterprise Solution Architect. This position will serve as the technical sales lead; championing the sale of innovative, differentiating solutions supporting the needs of Federal/Civilian clients. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic leader experienced in technical sales engagement with the ability to Architect and communicate comprehensive, innovative, complex solutions. You will take an active ?hands-on? role with all aspects of growing the IT business in the Federal Civilian sector with an average account/deal size of $300M+. This position will be located in Reston, VA. The successful candidate will have solutioned and delivered complex IT solutions in both the Federal and commercial markets, have a mature understanding of flexible service delivery-models and up-to-date experience with leading technology trends and technologies. The incumbent should have recent and extensive experience in cloud solutions.
You will bring technical leadership in high visibility, strategic IT capture/proposal efforts and be responsible for supporting the entirety of the sales lifecycle including client engagements, representation of SAIC?s IT capabilities at public events, leading key and strategic technical Solution development to include the approach, architecture, analyses, technologies, cost, and BOE development. Solutions will span multiple IT competency areas inclusive of end-user services, Infrastructure solutions, cloud technologies, software development, cyber security, and data analytics requiring you to have a mature understanding of the SAIC capabilities within each of these domains and a visionary approach to their implementation. You will be a team leader setting the example of team engagement and professionalism while providing both guidance and support to more junior Solution architects.
The successful candidate will have a track record of success in architecting and selling high visibility, complex, technical programs in the Federal / Civilian space with deal sizes of $200M+ and have the following skills:
- Experience with large scale Infrastructure modernization efforts
- Experience architecting, transitioning, and operating a variety of service-delivery models including multi-tenant, shared services, and SaaS solutions
- Experience with advanced IT technologies such as: Large Infrastructure environments inclusive of Cloud (Private, Public, Community ,and Hybrid) and virtualized, software defined networking, software defined datacenters, microservices, architecture, containerization, continuous integration, continuous delivery, datacenter architectures, web services, agile development, Dev-Ops, DevSecOps, cybersecurity, and end-user services.
- Detailed knowledge of the IT industry, including key technologies, vendors, trends and an understanding of the surrounding strategic issues that may impact potential customers
- Capable of synthesizing a reference architecture from a requirements specification, industry best practices, and vendor whitepapers / artifacts
- Experienced in responding to request for proposals (RFP) and request for information (RFI)
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills for the technical and non-technical audience at both the engineering and senior executive levels
- Proven leadership traits to include team leadership, sound business judgment, ability to think and advance strategic concepts, and a professional demeanor under pressure. The ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (as needed) is required.
- Bachelor?s Degree required and 20+ years of relevant experience
- A minimum of 15 years of successfully performing in a role of major responsibility tied to large projects with tight deadlines.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience as a Software / Systems Engineer / Virtualization Engineer / Solution Architect
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with designing either software systems or hardware systems running in a virtualized environment
- Advance degree or industry recognized certifications such as PMP, CISSP, or ITIL is preferred
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Recent experience in the commercial market or Federal Civilian Sector
- Experience in product development and commercial best practices
- Experience with managing 3rd party technology partners, vendor and subcontractor relationships
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 22, 2017, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job