District of Columbia
Intern - Information Technology Specialist (Job Number:433188)
SAIC is a leading Technology integrator providing full life-cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, and enterprise Information Technology markets. SAIC's deep domain knowledge and customer relationships enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex government and commercial projects. SAIC's approximately 13,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets, specializing in providing a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technical capabilities. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC has annual revenues of about $4 billion.
Service Line Overview
The IT Managed Services Service Line maintains and provides Support for IT operations used by SAIC customers. Repeatable services are designed and built to reduce costs and cycle times, eliminate failures, and improve customer satisfaction. Services can be delivered as a packaged solution, or tailored to meet specific contract requirements, and can be provided from an SAIC location, a customer site, or a combination of both. Examples of services we provide include, operations for communications, networks, data centers, applications, enterprise IT systems and applications, cyber defense, help desk and end user services, end user device management, asset management, patch management, release management, desktop management, and server and storage management.
The candidate will Support communicating with stakeholders, coordinating meetings, taking notes, reviewing and refining IT project documents, and other duties as assigned. Overall knowledge of Personal Computers, Microsoft office, and the ability to evaluate and resolve system problems.
Pursuing an Information Technology degree program during the 2016/2017 academic year and are interested in our Information Technology Specialist intern position, you should possess the following:
- Pursuing bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
- Hands-on experience through coursework or internship
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Ability and obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance
- Willing to live and work in McLean, VA.
- Pursuing Security + certification strongly encouraged
- Pursuing Network + certification
- Strong MS Office Suite experience
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task& Support multiple priorities
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple clients and multiple team members with confidence
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier Technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise Information Technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more Information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Jan 3, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job