Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
The successful candidate will:
- Support various research projects on computational imaging. This is typically 2-3 projects concurrently.
- Work as a team under technical direction of program manager and principal investigator for individual projects
- Conduct optical modeling and simulation tasks to predict system performance and support trade studies
- Participate in experimental demonstrations. This may be in a laboratory setting, or out in a remote test site
- Develop novel software algorithms for image reconstruction and data analysis
- Contribute to program reports and presentations
- Occasional support for proposal generation
- Bachelors in math, physics, or engineering
- Experience with physical-optics modeling of imaging systems using Fourier optics
- Experience with image reconstruction algorithms using real data
- Laboratory experience with building research grade optical systems from bulk components
- Matlab program experience
- Lens design experiences using Zemax or Code V
- Ability to communicate and write technical content (reports and presentations)
- Master's or PhD in math, science, or engineering
- Background knowledge in statistical optics and coherence theory
- Experience with imaging interferometry
- Knowledge of active imaging techniques (holography, synthetic-aperture, lidar)
- Knowledge of atmospheric turbulence effects on imaging systems
- Python programming experience
- Experience with analysis of unconventional imaging system
- Interest in publishing/presenting work at industry conferences and to prospective customers
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Palo Alto California