full-time employee contract
Job Description: Provide Level 3 support (analyzing, testing, and troubleshooting of complex engineering issues for hardware, software, and network components) supporting a DOJ client onsite in downtown DC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide Level 3 support for DOJ client. Level 3 issues are not able to be resolved by Level 1 or Level 2 technicians. The party accepting the Level 3 call shall be held accountable for a documented resolution and a return status call to the dispatching Level 2 Government technician before the call will be recorded as completed. Level 3 incidents include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Network connectivity is lost within a site and fails to restart according to standard operating procedure.
- Network connectivity is lost between sites within a specific domain and cannot be traced to a problem inside the JCON system.
- Network connectivity is lost between multiple domains and cannot be traced to a problem inside the JCON system.
- Desktop software application does not function according to COTS product documentation and the problem occurs frequently or with regularity.
- Desktop and server software application problems diagnosed as defects in the COTS product and require vendor intervention.
- Emergencies as defined by the Component ACOTR.
- Enterprise-wide virus attack.
- Exchange/Outlook stops and fails to restart according to standard operating procedure.
- Software and hardware evaluation, analysis, and testing (e.g., Federal Desktop Core Configuration, Service packs, hotfixes, peripherals).
- Remote access unavailability.
- After-hours Level 3 incidents may include emergencies/catastrophes regarding servers, network, telecommunications, or the computers (e.g., fire in a computer room, server/ network down); or any enterprise-wide issue.
- Server software process stops and fails to restart according to standard operating procedure.
Requirements: BS in IT related field. 10 years of experience supporting network software Systems development, Systems integration, or network engineering.
Clearance: Able to qualify for DOJ Public Trust clearance.