General Dynamics Information Technology - Health and Civilian Solutions Division is currently looking for a Sr. Revenue Cycle Management SME to join our team to support our client for Army's Armed Forces Billing Collections Utilization Systems (ABACUS) contract. This is a Part time SME position based in Falls Church, Virginia.
- Provide subject matter expertise and consultation to team and customer in influence customer future state revenue cycle operations
- Develop and propose revenue cycle management functions including, but not limited to, registration, medical records, chart audit, coding, billing, follow-up, cash posting, trending of denial adjustment, utilization review, compliance, and customer service.
- Develop and propose workflows, processes and strategies to maximize customer revenue collections in compliance with federal, state and regulatory billing and collection health care guidelines
- Prepare and/or participate in the preparation of various reports and presentations as needed to communicate program status
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to identify and develop new business opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline required.
- Master's Degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in revenue cycle operations in a health care provider, consulting, and technology environment
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in revenue cycle operations at the senior Manager level within the Military Health System (MHS)
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Proven project management, transformation experience and some knowledge of technology platforms
- Competent in Microsoft suite of Business Software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel 75%
- 15-20 Years of experience in area of expertise.
- Experience in one or more the following revenue cycle functions: Charge capture, Charge Integrity, Coding Procedures, Claims Management, Patient Statements, Patient Financial Services
- Experience in Clinical Documentation Improvement initiatives
- Proficiency and experience with financial, billing and reimbursement data
- Possesses a working knowledge of the UB-04, MA claim form, CMS-1500, claim form and claim scrubber
- Experience with hospital financial and patient accounting systems, such as TPOCS, CHCS, CCE, ABACUS, EPIC, Cerner, Soarian
- Advanced degree in business or health care-related field (e.g., MHA, MBA)
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Tolerance for working in ambiguous, uncertain environments
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Sense of responsibility to self, team and client
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Experience leading or managing teams and change initiative
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.