Specialist Advisor (I, II, III, IV) ? Psychosocial Counselor
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Anticipated Award: March 2018
Bilingual: Spanish and English
MRPT Security Clearance
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners?without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse but the results are one and the same?on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently of identifying candidates for the position of a Specialist Advisor ? Psychosocial Counselor to work with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) in Guatemala City, Guatemala on the CARSI Initiative. This opening is in response to the Government taking efforts to consolidate positions in Latin and Central America to one source.
The CARSI Initiative, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the USG to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This Initiative will focus on a series of policing roles Aviation, Leahy Vetting Coordinator/Program Assistant, Architect, Engineer, Justice Technical, Security Logical and Criminological, Expert on Appeals, Infrastructure Renovation, Justice Sector Legal Advisor, Psychosocial Counselor, Strategic Advisor, Technical and Legal, Indigenous Law, and Transparency Procedures. Requirements and Skill Qualifications for the Specialist Advisor ? Psychosocial Counselor are as follows:
- Bachelor degree in, Law, legal and Social Sciences, Sociology or Economics.
- Guatemala Citizen.
- Desirable education and/or knowledge about justice system.
- Teamwork ability.
- Knowledge of Public Ministry?s structure and laws.
- Ability of quantitative, qualitative and situational analysis.
- Open to receive criteria and opinions.
- Writing skills.
- Knowledge in software tools.
- Five (5) years of experience in compilation, processing, systematization and analysis of statistical information of justice system, as well as analysis on topics related to the justice system, social conflicts and social economic conditions within human rights framework; preferred.
- Writing statistical, academic documents, articles, circumstantial reports and personal authorship or in collective process; preferred.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- A weekly and a monthly report (in Spanish) is required indicating the work performed.
- A concise written report (in Spanish) must be delivered upon completion of assistance indicating the degree of accomplishment of goals.
- Hours for this full-time position will be the core hours of the Guatemalan Public Ministry: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
- The position is located in Guatemala City, Guatemala. In-country travel may be required as part of this position.
- Conduct an analysis of the social, political, economic situation and the State?s response through the justice system in the 7 departments where the strengthening intervention will take place.
- Measure and evaluate the implementation level of 100% of the strategies with social, psychosocial and cultural approach for the fiscal, technical and administrative process in the prosecution offices at the 7 prioritized departments
- Plan the activities to achieve the consulting objectives.
- Bibliographic Revision
- Creation of instruments to gather information.
- Gathering of historic, statistical and socio-political information.
- Depth interviews with experts in the topic and key actors in each department
- Systematization and sociological analysis of the gathered information in the situational analysis stage of the prosecution offices according to specific requirements by the professionals who will formulate the strengthening strategy.
- Coordinate regular feedback meetings with the work team.
- Ensure minimal deviation from the planning.
- Prepare progress reports.
- Drafting the document containing the context of the prioritized departments
- Regular feedback meetings
- Intervention plan according to the strategic formulation.
- Support building the baseline.
- Apply measurement instruments and monitoring the implementation of actions.
- Workshops, meetings or specific activities to fortify the administrative and fiscal management according to the identified in the strategic formulation.
- Personal advisory for the prosecution offices? workers for the right implementation of the strengthening actions.
- Systematize the gathered information for the evaluation process.
- Regular feedback meetings with the team in charge of the implementation.
- And other activities requested by the project?s general Coordinator and which are related to the project?s implementation.