Specialist Advisor (I, II, III, IV) ? Technical & Legal
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Anticipated Award: March 2018
Bilingual: Spanish and English
MRPT Security Clearance
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners?without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse but the results are one and the same?on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently of identifying candidates for the position of a Specialist Advisor ? Technical & Legal to work with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) in Guatemala City, Guatemala on the CARSI Initiative. This opening is in response to the Government taking efforts to consolidate positions in Latin and Central America to one source.
The CARSI Initiative, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the USG to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This Initiative will focus on a series of policing roles Aviation, Leahy Vetting Coordinator/Program Assistant, Architect, Engineer, Justice Technical, Security Logical and Criminological, Expert on Appeals, Infrastructure Renovation, Justice Sector Legal Advisor, Psychosocial Counselor, Strategic Advisor, Technical and Legal, Indigenous Law, and Transparency Procedures. Requirements and Skill Qualifications for the Specialist Advisor ? Technical & Legal are as follows:
- Bachelor Degree in Law, Judicial or Social Sciences.
- Guatemala citizen.
- Knowledge in the Justice System Performance; preferred.
- Knowledge in Public Ministry?s performance; preferred.
- Master?s Degree; preferred.
- In processes of socio legal research and systematization of information processes; preferred.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- Conduct an internal analysis of district and municipal prosecution offices in the departments of Huehuetenango, Alta Verapaz, San Marcos, Peten, Quiche and Escuintla, to detect and examine their current situation, material, human, and scientific resources available; as well as the performance of fiscal, technical and administrative management;
- Technical support for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of focused strategies and actions on each prosecution office and determine the impact of the project;
- Creation of work plan and schedule;
- Bibliographic, regulatory and documentary work frames review, those support the management of district and municipal prosecution offices
- Develop data collection instruments (questionnaires, interview guides, matrices, etc.)
- Site visit to every prosecution office for collecting qualitative and quantitative information of prosecution offices? management
- Verify practices and compliance with administrative, fiscal and technical procedures,
- Creation of statistical baseline for each prosecution regarding the production and objectives achievement of the administrative, fiscal and technical areas.
- Determination of planning and analysis criteria.
- Systematization and analysis of information.
- Regular meetings with the work team
- Support and feedback to the team responsible for developing strategies;
- Site visits to each prosecution office in order to support concrete actions and to implement strategies through the established instruments;
- Preparation and presentation of recommendations to the prosecution team intended to achieve the objectives;
- Monitoring actions, compliance with recommendations and determine the targeted strategies implementation progress.
- Application of appropriate assessment tools for each prosecution;
- Making recommendations for effective institutionalization of implemented actions and strategies.
- And other activities required by the project?s general Coordinator and that are related to its implementation.
- A weekly and a monthly report (in Spanish) is required indicating the work performed.
- A concise written report (in Spanish) must be delivered upon completion of assistance indicating the degree of accomplishment of goals.
- Hours for this full time position will be the core hours of the Guatemalan Public Ministry: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
- The position is located in Guatemala City, Guatemala. In-country travel may be required as part of this position.