Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Candidate will serve as the Modeling and Simulation lead for the analysis, design, and test of the Multi-Object Kill Vehicle (MOKV) system. Primary responsibility is to lead Modeling and Simulation engineering activities.
The Modeling and Simulation lead will lead engineers supporting algorithm development and test activities, systems engineering, threat analysis, and concept studies across the MOKV program. The successful candidate will provide management oversight to all Modeling and Simulation planning, requirements generation, Simulation verification & validation activities, and pre and post-test support. Normal responsibilities include liaison with other engineering disciplines and lines of business as appropriate, corporate contact, and execution of enterprise and corporate initiatives. The candidate must function well in a creative, high-tempo, collaborative, cross-functional, dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment.
Requires a BS degree and/or MS degree combined with experience and specialized training commensurate with the position. Must have applicable experience in aerospace engineering, with broad technical skills and development experience throughout a program life cycle. Must be capable of domestic travel and holding a DoD Secret clearance or higher. Experience supporting the development of simulations and performance analysis. Demonstrated experience using Matlab and Simulink for missile simulations, analysis of feedback control systems, closed loop guidance, or navigation algorithms.
- Experience with 6-degree-of-freedom simulations
- Experience with physics-based Modeling
- Experience with Missile Weapons Systems
- Experience with THAAD flight software and TMSIM
- Experience with Five Axis Motion Simulators
- Experience with model based software development using Simulink (autocoding)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
- Demonstrated experience in the requirements generation, design, integration, qualification, verification, and validation of embedded FSW for missile, spacecraft, or aircraft avionics applications.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Sunnyvale California