Job Description: Raytheon Blackbird Technologies is looking for an individual who will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. A specialist in cyber threat Intelligence analysis is needed to support the customer team. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develops models for identifying incident-type activity, of malware or bad actors, using statistical analysis;
- Reviews incident logs/records mining for patterns;
- Researches Internet sources and threat Intelligence feeds and try to find evidence in customer logs;
- Explores patterns in network and system activity through log correlation using Splunk and other tools;
- Investigates evidence of threats against Windows, Linux, Database, Applications, web servers, firewalls or other relevant technologies;
- Tests models by injecting indicators;
- Share IOC models with trusted parties for validation and collaboration;
- Guide junior threat analysts;
- Support shift work (1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift) as assigned.
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance ? Position of Public Trust ? and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance;
- 4+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelor's degree;
- Statistical modeling and analysis experience to infer possible cybersecurity threats;
- Experience in analysis in investigations, such as in IT, law enforcement, military Intelligence, or business analytics;
- Knowledge of networking protocols;
- Interest in learning about Windows, Linux, Database, Application, Web server, firewall, SIEM etc. log analysis;
- Verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with team-members;
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to self-start, prioritize, multi-task and work in a team setting;
- Digital analysis and forensics experience using Encase, Palantir, i2 Analyst?s Notebook, FTK or similar tools or extensive statistical analysis tool experience (including extensive use of MS Excel).
- Demonstrable interest in learning SQL and shell scripting;
- Demonstrable interest in learning some programming skills;
- Familiarity with common network vulnerability/penetration testing;
- Experience with testing automation suites such as Selenium;
- Experience evaluating systems and network devices and enterprise networks for IA vulnerabilities;
- Experience evaluating enterprise networks for IA/security vulnerabilities;
- Splunk query-development expertise;
- Experience on an Incident Response team performing Tier I/II initial incident triage;
- Excellent writing skills.
Required Education: Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
Desired Certifications: CISSP, CEH, SFCP, GCIA
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.