Senior Systems Engineer II / Principal Systems Engineer
Bring your talent and skills to IDS Engineering?s Systems Validation, Test and Analysis Directorate (SVTAD). SVTAD is responsible for system level integration, testing, and validation activities for IDS? many Domestic and Foreign Defense programs. SVTAD employees provide the expertise to ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive testing, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques. SVTAD employees are involved in all aspects of testing, including design-for-test, integration, subsystem and component level testing, and sell-off of IDS' most sophisticated systems and technologies.
Opportunities currently exist in SVTAD's Seapower and Sensor Systems (SSS) department in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. SSS provides expertise in the integration, validation, and sell-off for various, principally naval, domestic and international defense programs in IDS. SSS engineers are involved in all phases of the Product Development life cycle. In Rhode Island, some of the Undersea and Surface Navy programs that SVTAD SSS supports are the AN/AQS-20A Mine-hunting Sonar, Advanced Mine Neutralization System (AMNS), Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Variable Depth Sonar (VDS), and Zumwalt Class Destroyer.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments that directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters!
The Undersea and Surface Ship Programs has multiple Engineering positions to support various programs, responsibilities will include:
Note: This position can be Salary Grade G09 or G10 based upon the candidate?s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.Required Skills:
- Develop and execute system integration and verification plans, procedures and reports.
- Plan and schedule project tasks to successfully complete system selloff.
- Debug system issues, generate trouble reports and drive resolution to ground working with development team.
- Perform tasking in lab environment, or offsite on shipboard.
- Interface with Navy or other customer team.
- Collaborate with software developers and lab sites to help predict and anticipate issues.
- Provide solutions, investigate, and verify fixes for issues found during shipboard phases.
- Participate in daily operation and maintenance, growth, and maturation of systems.
- Collaborate and communication activities with team members.
- Travel to support program requirements as needed.
- Minimum of six (6) years of Engineering experience working with Integration, Test and/or Operational on Domestic (DoD) or Foreign Defense Systems.
- Experience with Naval Surface or Undersea (Mine, Sonar, Submarine, Torpedo, UUV) Operation, System Integration and Test, and/or Development.
- Experience with planning, and effectively executing plans and solutions on systems.
- Active Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain an interim security clearance within 60 days of hire.
Required Education:? Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related discipline.
- Experience as I&T Lead and/or Senior I&T Engineer integrating complex Combat System SW/ HW and radars.
- Experience with Naval Ship Post Delivery Test and Trials/CSSQT.
- Experience working with complex software systems and troubleshooting network systems.
- Experience with Naval Surface/Undersea Operations to include DDG-1000 or AEGIS.
- Experience with Naval Anti-Air Warfare (AAW) (including Missile Exercises), Land Attack Warfare (LAW), Strike, Undersea Warfare, C4I, CEC.
- Experience with SM-2, ESSM, and Tomahawk Missiles Operation or Development.
- Experience with Sonar or Radar Program Operation or Development.
- Experience with Unmanned Undersea Vehicle (UUV)/Torpedo Program Operation or Development.
- Live Fire Test and Evaluation Experience (including Total Ship Survivability Trials).
- Experience with DoD or foreign customers.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, lean, and process improvement methods.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.