Be a part of cutting edge Technology and Innovation. Make your next move to Raytheon.
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS), IT organization is currently seeking a Manager, Systems Administration (internal title is Manager II, Computer Systems Analysis) to lead a team of System Administrators in Fullerton CA and San Diego CA. Additional responsibility includes supporting both sites as the IT Center Service Lead (CSL).
This is a 9/80 work schedule position (with after-hours call-in responsibility).
The IDS IT organization embraces the opportunity to deliver business value by connecting business insight with technical expertise and innovation. We?re continuously pushing the envelope to create leading-edge technical processing solutions for complex systems and program challenges. In joining our team, you?ll have the opportunity to be an integral part of the business and a leader in driving innovations and technology solutions into the future.
The Manager, IT Systems Administration will manage and lead a team of system administrators responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance support of a heterogeneous mix of computers, servers, and software platforms. This position will serve as the primary IT point of contact for Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) program stakeholders.
Responsibilities include close support and monitoring of program execution, reviewing computing infrastructure designs and architecture, collaborating to increase IT technical and organizational capabilities across IDS, and supporting programs throughout their entire lifecycle. The team leader is responsible for all aspects of people management including: staffing, staff development, training, tool and process development and deployment, and administration of performance appraisals.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
PLEASE NOTE - U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.In addition to the Section Manager responsibilities, this person will fill the role as the IT Center Service Leader for the Fullerton and San Diego sites. This role can be located in either Fullerton, CA or San Diego, CA and will require frequent travel to either site to fulfill the duties of the role.Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assign projects and tasks
- Manage employee performance
- Administer time reporting, training, recruiting, and orientation of new employees
- Working through the team, ensure the computing infrastructure hardware, operating systems, applications and communications networks remain in optimal working order
- Assist in the analysis of existing information systems and process flows for operational efficiencies and identify potential enhancements. Develop improved procedures and/or recommend corrective action
- Evaluate proposed computer solutions and approving proposals or recommending alternatives.
- Review partner requirements and specifications and developing strategies to meet these requirements
- Prepare and submit periodic progress reports and accomplishments to the next level of leadership.
- Domestic or international travel may be required.
- Serves as the POC/?go to? person for all IT issues at the center, managing day to day Center IT services and projects including webcast, road shows, and customer visit/events at the centers.
- IT lead at the center to work all escalated incidents/requests at the center to make sure our partners respond swiftly and then we follow up to conclusion/resolution.
- Work with the center event coordinator as the IT representative to make sure all of our IT partners are fully engaged to make all center events successful. These would include webcast, road shows, and customer visit/events at the centers. Coordination and partnering with CSC on these would make them a success.
- Establish relationships with the Site Facilities Team to ensure you are aware of upcoming site projects that contain IT scope and requirements. Engage other IT partners/service owners to provide notification of upcoming projects for a resource planning perspective.
- Conference room oversight, issues/updates/funding.
- Establish relationships with the Site Facilities Team to ensure you are aware of upcoming site projects that contain IT scope and requirements. Work with Operations on all IT Projects that are planned for the center.
- 8+ years of experience designing, integrating, and certifying high-availability Windows/LINUX/UNIX systems
- Experience with Windows operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2K3 Server, Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 Server
- Experience managing teams of IT Professionals
- Experience in working with Linux, Solaris and UNIX
- US DoD Secret Clearance - US Citizenship Required
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience with virtualization tools including VMWare and Citrix
- Knowledge of Active Directory and group policy management
- Understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts
- Working knowledge of data storage and data backup technologies
- Programming or scripting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of current DSS/ DoD 8570.1 and Raytheon Classified computing practices and guidelines
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision and technical direction
- Security+ or CISSP certification, or willingness to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Experience with AWS or Azure deployment
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.