Raytheon is looking for an experienced Telecommunications Information Systems Officers an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph
Telecommunications Information Systems Officers (TISOs) act as information distributors and customer representatives. They operate, maintain, and manage Telecommunications facilities. TISOs also provide project management and systems integration for voice and data communication systems; supervise installation of these systems; and, provide maintenance and support to customers after installation. Specializations include voice transmission, data communications, TCP-IP networks, Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), COMSEC/TEMPEST, facsimile, cable-to-modem communication, RF (including satellite) communication capabilities, power systems, generators, digital/analog fault isolation and repair to least replaceable unit.
On call/as needed position to travel OCONUS - may include hazardous/dangerous areas. Can live anywhere in the US since this is a traveling position. Provide temporary duty (TDY) communication support to overseas hardship locations. Operate and maintain customer telecommunication equipment. Send and receive messages via special communication systems. Administer a small local area network. Act as the Officer-In-Charge of the communications facility. 6+ years of relevant exp. required.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
· Considerable knowledge of managing the installation, configuring, operating, testing, troubleshooting and maintaining of automated information systems, transmission systems, and infrastructure support systems.
· Considerable knowledge and ability to operate and maintain some or all of the following:
o LAN/WAN systems, message processing systems, Windows NT, Lotus Notes, automated document distribution systems, network systems, Automated Information Systems Hardware (servers, workstations, routers, etc.), network management tools, video teleconferencing and telephony and satellite system terminals.
o Tactical Satellite systems and deployments. Familiar with UHF satellite operations, signal collection equipment and messaging relative to field operations using these type systems.
· Ability to monitor and assess technical equipment for security vulnerabilities.
· Knowledge of operation and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, and utility systems in support of information systems, transmissions systems, and infrastructure support systems.
· Ability to adhere to security and safety standards and applicable communications policies and procedures.
· Ability to manage accountable property accounts.
· Ability to anticipate, effectively diagnose, isolate, and expediently resolve problems relative to Telecommunications and information systems.
· Ability to evaluate and recommend process improvements and new and emerging technologies to meet customer requirements.
· Ability to perform site surveys for equipment/system installations.
· Ability to explain personnel issues and technical procedures and processes, and results of site surveys clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Ability to plan, set goals and determine strategies for accomplishing results.
· Ability to research and write clear, concise and effective e written correspondence, procedures and briefings in accordance with current established policies.
Interpersonal skills to resolve complex problems and represent the organization in a professional manner. · Installs, maintains, manages and/or repairs Local Area Networks (LANs) and their constituent components (workstations, servers, printers, associated cabling, etc.).
· Installs, maintains, manages and/or repairs carrier systems (WANs) and their constituent components.
· Maintain technical and medical eligibility to serve worldwide to meet the needs of the mission.
· Provide communications security guidance and support.
· Provide support for, and maintenance of, applications software.
· Provide troubleshooting assistance for carrier systems, customer premises equipment or utility equipment (diesel generators, chilled water systems, air handlers, electrical switchgear, etc.).
Minimum Desired Experience:
· Previous Field and/or Base Station Experience in hazardous/dangerous areas.
· Working knowledge of existing customer regulations.
· Training: First-line customer support for installation, maintaining and operating equipment and understanding overseas security requirements.
· Knowledge of customer equipment with unique experience in Telecommunications and Information Systems Installation, Operation and Maintenance.
Please Note: This position can be classified as either an E04 or E05 dependent on the experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.