Raytheon is looking for an experienced Network Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph
Work as part of a collaborative, multidiscipline team in support of U.S. Government and provide technical subject matter expertise in the field of network engineering.
•Strong background designing and implementing Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)
•Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Networking
•Experience with VPN technologies and protocols including IPSec and SSL
•Experience configuring and trouble-shooting LAN Switches, Routers, and Firewalls and VPN concentrators.
•Ability to convey technical designs, ideas and results to non-technical audiences and provide briefings to high-level government personnel.
•Experience in authoring documents (reports, briefings, etc,) to support customer missions.
Demonstrated ability to apply the engineering design process to discover innovative methods to solve technical problems and meet client requirements.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
· With limited guidance, performs moderately complex engineering and O&M activities. Utilize network analysis tools to identify performance problems in the network. Incumbents follow troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels. They assist senior technical staff in preparing troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
· With limited guidance, performs moderately complex network designs using existing technology. Plans network configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance. Incumbents prepare technical proposals for presentation to the agency’s engineering review boards to add new technologies to the network.
· With limited guidance, performs routine to moderately complex network upgrades. Reviews user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provides advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements. Plans upgrades to existing network configurations, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being upgraded and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance. Incumbents prepare technical proposals for presentation to the agency’s engineering review boards for upgrading existing technologies.
· Top Secret clearance with polygraph is required.
· Requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field
General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience. Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill.
· An Associate’s degree will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
· A Bachelor’s degree will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate’s degree).
· A Master’s degree will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor’s).
· A will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of seven (7) years when combined with a Master’s and a Bachelor’s).
Please Note: This position can be classified as either an E02 or E03 dependent on the experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.