"This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons"
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems designs, develops and manufactures radars, sensors, communications systems and electronic warfare solutions for airborne, Space and Naval Defense. Our Engineering team, has a need for an experienced Digital engineer to design, build, and maintain complex systems for airborne and land-based Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) systems for communications applications. This position will entail working across engineering disciplines in our Aberdeen, Maryland office to provide cutting-edge products and services for the protection of our warfighter.
This position is for an individual with educational and professional experience in the digital hardware design, fabrication, assembly, test, and integration of a circuit card assemblies and subsystems with an emphasis on design of boards containing FPGA circuits and digital and analog interfaces. Knowledge of analog design techniques, including operational amplifiers, data converters, and power regulator designs at the circuit card level is also desirable. The designer will interface with Printed Wire Board (PWB) designers to oversee layout, routing, and manufacture of designs. Designer will be responsible for test and integration of these designs into the larger systems. Candidates for the position must have strong written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to lead teams to meet program budget/schedules and milestones
• Minimum of 6 years of related engineering experience
• At least 4 years of experience designing, implementing, testing, debugging, and delivering digital circuit cards with FPGAs, ADC’s, DAC’s that interface with RF receivers and transmitters and test equipment.
• Minimum four years of engineering leadership experience as Hardware Team lead, or Integrated Product Team Lead of digital circuit card / module / unit.
• Proficient with hands-on troubleshooting and/or debugging of hardware with standard lab equipment;
• Experience designing high speed interfaces for memories, FPGA’s and Processors
• Familiarity with circuit card assembly (CCA) and final assembly and test manufacturing processes
• Ability to lead a team in a dynamic environment while effectively managing scope and communicating risks.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team, providing technical and schedule status to management, while keeping team members focused on performance.
• Proven ability to effectively lead teams to meet program budget/schedules and milestones
• Experience in requirements allocation and generation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position require an active or ability to attain U.S. Security Clearance
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
• Prior IFF Interrogators or Transponders product exposure
• Experience implementing VHDL.
• Earned Value Management (EVM) exposure
• Experience as a manager conducting performance reviews for direct reports.
• Experience presenting and interfacing with customers (internal and external).
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar degree and meets the experience requirements
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar degree and meets the experience requirements
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.