Are you inspired by a Job that challenges you to be proactive, make design decisions, and generate new ideas that will push products above and beyond?
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) has a need for a Senior Software Engineer to design, build, and maintain advanced high-capacity systems that process modern high-speed communications for the US intelligence community.
The successful candidate will work with other experienced engineering staff in Sunnyvale, CA to develop and deliver cutting-edge engineering solutions. The successful candidate has strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
· BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
· 6+ years of experience in software development using C++ and/or Java
· Experience scripting with modern languages such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
· Experience with Object Oriented software design
· Experience developing with GCC in Linux/Unix environments
· Experience working with a rigorous software development process including requirements decomposition, design, implementation, unit testing, system integration, and documentation
· Experience working both in a team environment and individually
· Proactive self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to obtain/maintain TS/SCI clearance
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
· Active TS/SCI clearance within the last 2 years
· Experience with UI software development with Qt or other cross-platform frameworks
· Experience designing, using, and maintaining object relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
· Experience with lab testing equipment like spectrum analyzers and signal generators
· Experience with Linux/Unix shell scripting
· Linux OS system administration skills
· Experience and/or knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP
· Understanding of telecommunications, data communications systems, wireless communications concepts and/or signal processing fundamentals
· Effective communication skills (i.e. Oral, Written & Listening)
· Ability to work effectively on diverse multi-discipline teams
Required Education (including Major):
?BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.