Head of IT Delivery Assurance & Risk Management
Req ID - 99409BR
Location - Harlow or Glenrothes
· As a member of the IT leadership team, play a key part in developing the IT strategy to support the overall business strategy, delivering this through effective operational planning and execution to meet agreed goals.
· Undertake high level research, horizon scanning and analysis to identify future governance and regulatory trends and assess applicability to support IT and business objectives.
· Produce management information on the extent of compliance of systems with applicable regulations and/or legislation.
· Act as the senior point of contact for all audit and compliance related activities.
· Establish clear strategic paths for all aspects of the services both within the immediate area of influence and for the IT department as a whole.
· Responsible for the successful day to day operations of the area of responsibility within the IT function, and for successfully integrating these activities within the overall function.
· Implement change to drive better engagement, efficiency and collaboration across the team to maximise outcomes for our department and for the organisation as a whole.
· Develop the IT team professionally through being a role model and providing guidance, coaching and associated performance management to maximise performance and engagement.
· Ensure hiring, performance management, development, career progression all take place effectively in alignment with organisational guidelines and processes.
· Influence locally based colleagues and global counterparts, creating trusted relationships and driving higher levels of engagement with our colleagues and customers.
· Act as mentor to junior members of the team, including those outside of the department where possible, to drive collective positive influence on career development across the division and company.
· Maintain a portfolio of all items within Your area of responsibility ensuring all components have a clear development roadmap, risk status, and clearly documented support and maintenance support agreements and arrangements.
· Establish relationships with third party suppliers and support organisations to ensure that all aspects of the service are supported effectively and efficiently.
· Ensure regular risk reviews take place for Your areas of responsibility and clear mitigation plans are maintained in order to de risk any potential issues and minimise impact or potential degradation to business operations.
· Ensure adherence to and improvement of processes and procedures relating to analysis, design, development, implementation, configuration and full life cycle management.
· Oversee sustainment and development budgets for own area and support the overall departmental goals, through a clear practitioner level understanding of the financial governance processes.
· Act as sponsor on major projects and programmes being delivered, ensuring the necessary Delivery and governance processes are effectively met.
· Assist the wider business with developing and delivering business propositions that rely on technology based solutions, attracting and obtaining major new program business where possible.
· Act as a role model and mentor to other members of the team to drive collective positive influence on diversity and inclusion and career development across the organisation.
· Manage the Policy and Process Framework, Annual Business Planning Cycle, Departmental Risk Registers, Project Review Boards and.
· Establish, develop and manage the Security & Risk Forum.
· Contribute to developing an environment of openness, trust, engagement and contribution within the IT team and wider community. E.g. Manage the IT ‘Your Voice’ community forum on a rotational basis.
Demonstrable experience of having the range of assurance functions specified within the scope of the role.
Experience of managing commercial services within a technology services organisation including strategic sourcing and supplier management, deal negotiation and associated supplier performance management and benchmarking.
Experience of Enterprise Risk Management including strategic, operational and technical risk management. Demonstrable experience of managing security and risk up to board level in highly complex regulated environments in multiple sectors, ideally security or defence.
Demonstrable experience encompassing project assurance in highly complex regulated environments in multiple sectors, ideally security or defence.
Experience of developing and implementing Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Management in business critical environments.
Experience of managing assurance processes to support successful transition from design, build and test into service operations.
Proven experience of leading own team and individuals from other IT functions and business teams to resolve complex challenges and shape future opportunities.
Industry qualifications in Service Management, Project Management and Security Management and/or practical application experience within a service centric organisation.
Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation and influencing, at all levels within an organisation.
Ability and experience of leading complex negotiations with suppliers as technical lead, in conjunction with supply chain and commercial functions. Ability to operationally manage supplier performance on a day to day basis.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics, although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications is acceptable.
SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
Willingness to undertake and secure DV clearance.
· Information Security Certifications - CISSP®, GSLC, GSIP, or equivalent.
· Experience of Quality Standards - ISO9001, ISO270001 and ISO 140001.
· Experience of data protection regulation and legislation, notably UK DPA and GDPR (experience of equivalent EU law advantageous)
· Master’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics.