The selected person will work from planning sheets, blueprints, quality control specifications, oral and written instruction, and contractual requirements. Inspects for final acceptance, all types and series of electronic hardware to determine that rework, modification, and repairs conform to contractual/drawing requirements. Inspects and accepts electronic hardware referencing quality control standards, workmanship, and drawing specifications; by checking such items as parts, wires, solder joints, and terminals, using appropriate inspection devices. Inspects and rejects for tests or rework or otherwise approves hardware as acceptable. Prepares reports and maintains records as required. Meets necessary certifications as required. Performs incidental related duties as assigned or required.
- The applicant must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be capable of communicating quality and engineering criteria/issues to all levels of factory employees.
- Must be able to read and perform inspections using the assembly instructions and engineering drawings. This will require a good understanding of reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Must be able to perform configuration verification on all levels of assemblies/hardware.
- Must be proficient in the use of all configuration tools such as PDM and Microsoft Access database files.
- Must know how to verify that all operations have been completely performed and accepted, including acceptance testing.
- Must have experience with assembly requirements as defined in J-STD-001.
- Must be able to verify all entries in VM have been correctly completed and closed on all levels.
- Must be proficient in the understanding of torque and assembly methods/processes.
- Prior experience as an Inspector or CEA and be capable of obtaining a secret clearance.
- Pass an eye examination critical for quality inspection.
- Must be able to inspect/evaluate optics per drawing/WQ&s and determine accept/reject criteria.
- Must have experience with electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Must pass the solder training and certification testing.
- 8 years of experience
- Have experience using calibrated inspection measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers, microscope, ruler.
- Three years of experience as a quality inspector or comparable experience.
- Experience with Drawing/Blueprint reading.
- Ability to understand and communicate with engineering teams, facilitators, and managers.
- Ability to inspect to the Solder IPC J-STD 001E, MIL Specs, F-Stds.
- Ability to recognize and enforce compliance to Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to perform quality inspections with minimal mentor oversight.
- Experience with hardware returned from the field (Mission Support).
Required Education:HS DiplomaThis position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work with a high degree of confidence and efficiency.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, supervisors, and peers to resolve issues.
- Display a strong personal commitment to successfully complete all projects.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative (self starter).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.