The Manager, Contracts position is great leadership opportunity for Secure Sensor Solutions? GPS & Navigation Systems (GNS) product line within the Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems business. We are seeking a leader with business acumen, initiative, and a positive can-do attitude, and an innovative and independent thinker, to partner and collaborate with the GNS leadership team.
Responsibilities will include front-end assessment of business pursuits, proposal preparation, Contract negotiation, Contract administration, and customer relationship management within company policies, acquisition regulations, and customer requirements/specifications for various types of Government contracts. This entails reviewing request for proposals (RFPs), structuring balanced business deals, formalizing contractual documents, and frequent customer interface. Additionally, this position will work closely with Raytheon leadership?advise contractual rights and obligations and means to mitigate contractual/program risks, compile and analyze data, maintain historical information, and provide recommendations for a balanced business deal.
The Manager, Contracts will:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within one (1) year of start date.Required Skills:
- Partner with the Director of Avionics products;
- Manage the F-35 program contracts as the primary interface with the customers (includes both Prime Contractors and the Government);
- Work closely with program teams within in a matrix environment of program management, engineering, finance, operations, supply chain, and quality functional leads; and
- Perform leadership duties as a back-up for the GNS product line contracts Manager.
- At least 8 years of relevant contracts work experience
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with FAR, DFARs, and/or other agency supplements
- Hands-on experience formulating and executing business strategies to reduce risk, enhancing customer satisfaction, building/maintaining positive internal and external customer relationships, improving profitability and supporting new business opportunities
- Ability to address issues with a high degree of scope, terms/conditions and Contract type complexity
- Proficiency to perform risk assessments on proposals?scope, terms and conditions, potential business arrangements, strategies to maximize achievement of program financial/performance goals, Contract type/vehicle, customer satisfaction
- Understands Forward Pricing Rate structures, Cost structure estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and Delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Mature judgment, proactive involvement in strategic issues and problem resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task routine and complex Contract and proposal activities while responding to unplanned quick response requirements as they emerge
- Professional, effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, yet recognizes matters that require leadership review and buy-in
- U.S. Citizenship
Required Education:Bachelor?s degree Desired Education:Master of Business Administration, or other Graduate degreeThis position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. personsU.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Management experience leading a team
- Experience and understanding working with various customers, both Prime contractors and the Government
- Existing security clearances
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.