Mechanical/Manufacturing Technical Support Specialist is responsible for manufacturing, installation, troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical assemblies and systems. Work includes engineering prototyping, field service, engineering installations, testing, certification, and repair of returned materials. Assembly and modification of engineering prototype sub-assemblies, final assemblies and systems per engineering drawings and/or work instructions.
The candidate will be required to build, install, and/or perform functional test of engineering components and systems per engineering specs, drawings and/or maintenance manuals. The successful candidate will demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity. He or she will demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring. The candidate will ensure that all work performed is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection. The candidate will also provide recommendations in solving hardware integration issues with mid and upper level engineering and leadership. The candidate will comply with the company?s FOD program, tool control program and all safety regulations. The candidate may perform duties at various locations within Raytheon Facilities. Other duties will be assigned which are not specifically stated herein.
Typical tasks may include:
Manufacture and Assemble prototype assemblies and subassemblies to ensure proper operation per established criteria. Perform required repairs to returned/damaged units to an operational state. This may include:
Required Skills:U.S Citizenship Required
- Replacement of mechanical and electrical components.
- Identifying, repairing and replacing damage to wire harnesses and cable assemblies.
- Set up and test units to meet specified requirements.
- Recognize failures and isolate problems and suggest appropriate corrective action.
- Operates multi-meters, power supplies, general test equipment and test fixtures/gages.
- Fills out engineering test reports.
- Keeping supervisor appraised of all unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect schedules or quality.
- Providing support to the engineering development team on all assignments, and supports other departments with miscellaneous assignments as instructed by direct supervision.
- Understanding of manufacturing methods and processes:
- Assembly Standards and documentation
- Fabrication processes
- Mechanical fasteners
- Configuration management principals
- Ability to work within a Technical Support Environment
- Motivated Self-started
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and schedules
- Must have experience using hand tools such as soldering iron, rollers, paper cutters, scissors, X-acto knives, electric heat gun and fixtures such as molds and mandrels.
- Understanding of Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
. Required Education:High school or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years? experience Desired Education:Associates Degree in a Technical fieldThis position requires the ability to obtain and hold a DoD secret security clearance.This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at: Check us out on YouTube
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, memos, detailed blueprints, and other similar authorized drawings and documents
- CCA manufacturing experience
- J-STD-001 solder certification
- Experience with repair and maintenance on automated placement, SMT, soldering, cleaning, and coating equipment
- Machine programming of automated assembly equipment
- Knowledge of statistical process controls Experience with Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) controls and testing
- Understanding of Radar design and components
- Background in Automated Test Equipment (ATE), along with a background in digital, analog, and RF theory and applications
- Manufacture and repair of test cable assemblies
- Ability to fabricate special tooling to complete one-of-a-kind tasking
- Existing security clearance
- Demonstrate the ability to test, analyze, and troubleshoot software and hardware, develop testing criteria, and evaluate complex electrical, electronic and mechanical systems, subsystems, modules, components, test stations, test fixtures and test software
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.